Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque response and Tq Control Tables

Default Torque response and Tq Control Tables

Anyone have any insight on how these tables can be modified to see instant throttle opening in the E78 and E39 naturally aspirated engines? I have done some newer trucks with the e78 and just can't get the throttle to open until about 2500 rpms or so.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

Lifetime Member

Have you tried deleting all the TM on the trans side? JUST as a test to make sure that's not limiting you.

I havent tuned any E78s yet, hoping that will change by end of summer with a new "test"/DD vehicle.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Rhino79, it seems to follow a desired MAP value, the system tries to keep the throttle shut as much as possible whilst maintaining 100kPa on a NA motor. It appears to be controlled by the Torque Model tables, I've copied in the tables from a Turbo Buick in to a 3.0L SIDI V6 and the throttle response was amazing, except it was at full throttle by 1/4 pedal, not nice to drive but proved the point and there was no problems getting 100% blade opening below 3,000 RPM.
    The Cruze also doesn't suffer from restricted throttle opening, seems to only be the N/A cars. But I bet if you log the MAP you'll find it's at 100kPa (or close enough) the whole time.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This is true ross. What ever it is will allow 100% throttle at 2500 rpm, no matter what the gear. And I did try deleting tq mgt, but this is clearly a tq response or tq coefficient thing because these newer ecms are the only ones that hate me....lol. Same thing on our turbo car. I will look for a trade in at work that I can spend some time with to find out what will fix it.
    Head Calibrator

If you log it, you will find MAP is at 100kPa (or close enough), that is why it won't open it any further. From GM's perspective, there is less intake noise (they have to watch that), it allows much faster reaction for traction control situations.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So there is a value in the tq response parameters that is Desired Maximum map, you think bumping that to say 120 or 130 on a naturally aspirated engine will let it target higher and open the throttle all the way to try and see that map?
    Head Calibrator

Actually I don't know if that is the case, it just appears that way.
    I remember when we first started playing with the E39's years ago we were logging a DMA PID we had set up which was like a target MAP value (I really should have written this down!) and on a NA based tune this usually hovered around 98 Kpa at WOT and if the MAP read 98Kpa then it didn't seem to matter where the throttle was at, it was happy. However with the Torque model tables from a Buick 2.0L Turbo in a N/A car we saw that target MAP value up way higher, like 180 kPa, the result was the throttle would open to 100% because the ECM was only seeing 100kPa at best on the N/A motor. Unfortunately the car was really horrible to drive like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Have you tried deleting all the TM on the trans side? JUST as a test to make sure that's not limiting you.

I havent tuned any E78s yet, hoping that will change by end of summer with a new "test"/DD vehicle.
    I will try that as soon as my T76 is supported. Very happy so far, just patiently waiting and hoping that enough of these get released to make it worth the trouble. I know it's no fun. But I would have got the stick if not for hopes of TCM tuning.

Erik if you want to try anything funky I'd be more than willing to test it in my E39A or E78. I can send log / video / impressions as feedback
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I will try that as soon as my T76 is supported. Very happy so far, just patiently waiting and hoping that enough of these get released to make it worth the trouble. I know it's no fun. But I would have got the stick if not for hopes of TCM tuning.

Erik if you want to try anything funky I'd be more than willing to test it in my E39A or E78. I can send log / video / impressions as feedback
    Nice Roland, Im waiting for the 2013 Sonic reads I sent in to be supported, I believe it has to do with a slight restructure of the V7.5 Tune tool to handle it (thats what I remember reading on here).

Im pretty dead set on getting a new Sonic, just waiting to take care of a housing situation in the next few weeks then Ill order one...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

My 'unsupported' pile grows daily, oh the fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast