Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: June 06, 2013

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: June 06, 2013

EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:
    This latest software update requires updated USB drivers (V2.08.28). You cannot use this version of the software with older versions of the USB drivers.
    If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS.

Even More Important:
    The boot block software for FlashScan and AutoCal has been updated to increase the stability of flash memory erase and flash operations under varying environmental conditions. You should update the boot block in your FlashScan and/or AutoCal devices when prompted to by the EFILive Control Panel. If you are not prompted to update the boot block, please manually run the EFILive Control Panel software, select the [F6: Firmware] tab page and update the boot block. After updating the boot block the device will remain in dead-poll until you reprogram the latest firmware into it.

Download here:

Updates:

V7

• Added support for new E38 OS.

V8

• Fixed LBZ/LML "Merge" error when reading E35 calibrations.

Firmware

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 235
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 229
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.05 (May 31, 2013
    )
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.45 (
    June 6, 2013)
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)
    Last edited by Blacky; August 5th, 2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Correctd firmware version to show as .45 instead of .44
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Any idea when the latest E78 OSs will be supported? I.e. the 2013 Sonic read I sent in?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I had to reconfigure some stuff for the E78, E39 etc, until the software supports the new feature the changes were for I can't release updates, sorry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I had to reconfigure some stuff for the E78, E39 etc, until the software supports the new feature the changes were for I can't release updates, sorry.
    Thats ok Ross, thanks for the update!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

That fixed the merge error. Thanks!

Loaded the new software and drivers. This is the message I get when I try to connect to EFILive.

One of my guys was able to get his software updated. The rest of us... well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cantgetsemaphore.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	15288  

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Loaded the new software and drivers. This is the message I get when I try to connect to EFILive.

One of my guys was able to get his software updated. The rest of us... well...
    Close down EFILive Explorer, then using Task Manager, make sure the process EFILive_HAPI.exe is not running - kill it if you have to.
    Then restart EFILive Explorer.

Also, see known issues in first post, that I have just updated.

Regards
    Paul

Ok, now I have my main tuning unit stuck in dead poll mode after programming boot block. EFilive Explorer will not recognize it. I can no longer connect to it. Tried holding control down when plugging in. No dice. Alternating orange lights.

nick

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    Ok, now I have my main tuning unit stuck in dead poll mode after programming boot block. EFilive Explorer will not recognize it. I can no longer connect to it. Tried holding control down when plugging in. No dice. Alternating orange lights.

nick
    Hi Nick,

Whenever the boot block is updated, it deliberately erases the firmware, which means no application can talk to the device until the firmware is re-programmed.
    EFILive Explorer is not really the place to be updating the boot block. I know it can be done there and sometimes it is necessary, but for normal/standard boot block and firmware updates you should always use [F6: Firmware] tab page on the EFILive Control Panel.

Regards
    Paul

I updated the boot block using efilive Control Panel. The Control Panel allowed me to upgrade the block but did not allow me to upgrade the firmware. It said efilve was unable to find a firmware compatible with that bootblock.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast