Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Update: June 06, 2013

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jordylee18 View Post
    When I select the EDA PID list, and hit record, the data screen locks up and you have to hit stop. Then if I select my normal PID list it works fine. Maybe I'm missing something. I'm good at that.
    EDA PID list is in the V7 software, but that function is not yet enabled. EDA and CSP will be in our next release (scheduled for next week). Once it's released, you'll find an upgrade document that explains how to get EDA to work, but the short version is you'll need to flash CSP into your ECM to gain access.

Cheers
    Cindy

Default Re: Update: June 06, 2013

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the V2 corrupting SD cards? So far it has happened to me twice. Once with a 512MB card and the second time with a brand new 4GB card. The V2 will be happily logging, then I'll hear it beep, I look at it and it says saving {filename}.efi, then if I try logging again, I get file or folder not found. When I read it in a PC, there is no good data on it. I'm running the latest public release.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Anyone?
    Is it possible the SD Card holder has failed? You can test the SD Card holder switches using the following option:
    F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors

Then apply pressure (up/down left right) to the SD Card and watch the two settings: SD:x and WP:x
    Do either of them change from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0?

SD:x is 0 when the card is not present and 1 when the card is present.
    WP:x is 0 when the card is not write protected and 1 when the card is write protected.

Those values should not change unless you remove the card or change the lock slider on the side of the card.

If they do change when you wiggle the card then the card holder has probably failed.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default trouble reading and flashing with v7.5

I have trouble reading LMM TCM's with this release in v7.5. I cant read, cal, or full flash a LLY ECM with V7.5 either. I also get a message that the LLY controller is locked when I try to scan the ECM so I can lock it. I can read it and write to it with V8 fine, but it says its locked in v7.5.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

And just for fun, I put the ECM on my bench harness. Read the tune with V7.5 like a champ. I sure wish I could send EFI Live an LLY to play with. This is starting to get real annoying!!!

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

So....I tuned a LLY at the Dyno today with no glow plug module....and never had 1 issue using v7.5 to tune it. I did get it to lock the ECM, but it did not work properly and never finished the lock process process on my computer screen.....but the ECM is locked and I was able to unlock it. Tuned without pulling radio, radio amp, and info fuses too!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    I have trouble reading LMM TCM's with this release in v7.5. I cant read, cal, or full flash a LLY ECM with V7.5 either. I also get a message that the LLY controller is locked when I try to scan the ECM so I can lock it. I can read it and write to it with V8 fine, but it says its locked in v7.5.
    couldnt pull the lbz ally tune either.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Is it possible the SD Card holder has failed? You can test the SD Card holder switches using the following option:
    F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors

Then apply pressure (up/down left right) to the SD Card and watch the two settings: SD:x and WP:x
    Do either of them change from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0?

SD:x is 0 when the card is not present and 1 when the card is present.
    WP:x is 0 when the card is not write protected and 1 when the card is write protected.

Those values should not change unless you remove the card or change the lock slider on the side of the card.

If they do change when you wiggle the card then the card holder has probably failed.

Regards
    Paul
    Finally got a chance to test this - Apparently the SD slot is flaky :(. It doesn't change every time the card is touched, but it can be made to change without removing the card. The odd thing is you'd think it would just corrupt or lose the file it's working on when it happens, not corrupt the entire card...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910