Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: June 06, 2013

Wheew, thank god I didn't do this update yet......What a mess !!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Because we cannot reproduce the hanging problem on any of our test systems at EFILive, we need to collect trace data from the PC's that are showing the hanging problem.

For anyone experiencing connectivity issues with V7.5, please do this:

1. Save the attached zip file.
    2. Close all EFILive software.
    3. Rename the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\obdiiV7.dll to obdiiV7_org.dll (if you haven't already done so)
    4. Rename the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe to EFILive_Tune_org.exe
    5. Unzip the EFILive_Tune.zip file into the folder \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5
    6. Run the V7 Tune Tool software.
    7. Wait for it to hang, wait 30 seconds while its hanging.
    8. Disconnect FlashScan (hopefully the software starts responding again).
    9. Close the EFILive Tune Tool software.

When you close the EFILive Tune Tool software it should save a trace file in the folder:
    \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bug Reports
    The file will be called something like this: 20130613_170907_usb_trace.blx

Can you please send the trace file to me (paul@efilive.com) for analysis please?

After you have generated the trace file, you should restore the two original files, otherwise each time you run EFILive Tune you will be generating very large trace files which will just slow it down and use up disk space for the log files.

1. Delete the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\obdiiV7.dll and rename obdiiV7_org.dll back to obdiiV7.dll
    2. Delete the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe and rename EFILive_Tune_org.exe back to EFILive_Tune.exe

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    Wheew, thank god I didn't do this update yet......What a mess !!
    Your not kidding it is a mess. Dont want to be worried to do a simple update constantly. I had to buy a new ecm for one of my old trucks that was licensed previously, but the licence order page says you must have the latest updates to license a new ecm. For what, and I dont want to take that gamble while they figure out what is wrong with their 3 millionth update. I need my crap running when I need it.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

You have mail Paul.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Interesting. None of the testing I've done so far seems to show any problems.

I did have an issue with a hang condition a few releases back and it was USB driver related. It was very similar to the reports here where the only fix was to unplug the V2 an replug in ( or I think a soft reset of the V2 also fixed the issue). he only thing I can't test is connecting a V2 with older firmware, as I've updated to the latest (prior to this release) and all worked fine. I've also just updated the BB and FW and fond no issues with....

• Original (Black) V2.
    • Newer (Blue) V2.
    • Autocal

All were done with:
    USB Driver Version 02.08.520
    USB Library Version: 03.02.04

How I ended up with 02.08.520 I don't know as the release details say that the USB version should be 02.08.28. The only thing I can think of when I installed some additional USB drivers for a generic OBD-II cable when tuning a Triumph Bonneville.

I've uninstalled the USB Drivers and reinstalled 02.08.28 which displays as 02.08.20 by the way..... I still can't reproduce any of the issues

As Paul has already mentioned, people should check their USB drivers and reinstall the drivers if they are having problems. It may be good to double check everything.

1. Check the current USB drivers:
      • Open Scan & Tune V8.
      • In the top menu, select "Check Firmware" to open the EFILIve Control Panel.
      • In the left menu, select "F10: About" or just hit the F10 button.
      • Note the current USB details.
      • While you're here, hit "F3" to check the USB settings. Default is Buffer size=8,192, Latency = 25 and Timeout = 0
    2. Check the current Firmware:
      • Select "F6: Firmware" in the left menu or hit "F6"
      • If you need to update either the Boot Block or the Firmware, it will tell you.
      • Update the Boot Block first, then the Firmware.
      • Note the current versions as of this release are BB=2.07.05 and FW=2.07.45
    3. Update the Config Filesystem:
      • Exit the EFILive Control Panel by clicking on the "X" in the top right corner.
      • Select the BBX settings by clicking on "F5: BBX" of hitting "F5".
      • Read the current "options" file in the device by selecting "Read".
      • Click the "down" arrow next to the "Program" button and select "Format config filesystem".
      • Select "Yes" to format the filesystem.
      • Select "Program" to reprogram the device with the current details.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Interesting. None of the testing I've done so far seems to show any problems.

+1 on my two LS1B PCM's.

I think the people with the latest version of USB hardware are the ones seeing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    but the licence order page says you must have the latest updates to license a new ecm. For what, and I dont want to take that gamble while they figure out what is wrong with their 3 millionth update. I need my crap running when I need it.
    You can purchase licenses and install/use licenses with any version of the V8 software and any recent version of the V7.5 software.

The license order page says this: Please make sure you have the latest version of the EFILive software (V7.5 or later) installed before obtaining the auth code.
    That is to ensure that your software is generating the correct auth-code. If you are using an old version (and I mean V7.5 that is older than about 3 years) then the auth-codes may not be generated properly.
    If you are running any version of the V8 software than the auth-code displayed will be correct regardless of what version you are running.

And yes the latest release has causes issues for some customers. We are working non-stop on the problem until we resolve it. It appears to only affect a minority of customers and once we identify the common/unique configuration that is causing the problem it will be fixed.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    +1 on my two LS1B PCM's.

I think the people with the latest version of USB hardware are the ones seeing problems.
    Is it possibly a USB 3.0 port?

So far it appears to be a fault in the USB driver or Windows kernel that is hanging. When the USB port is closed by the EFILive V7 software it calls the FTDI driver which in turn calls CloseHandle() which in turn calls ZwClose(), The call to ZwClose() never returns. I've sent a support request to FTDI but have not heard back yet. Until then, I'm just working on finding a way to mitigate the problem - so far without success.

I don't think it is a USB 2.0 v's USB 3.0 issue - we fixed that a couple of releases ago (that issue was an undocumented change in the driver support for USB 3.0)

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    Wheew, thank god I didn't do this update yet......
    No doubt. At this point I'll have to go to the IT guy at work to help me with all this. There is NO WAY I can do this my self. Also once I feel all the bugs are worked out, I'll loose my EGR options. Damn. jc
    SIERRA 2500HD
    LLY - ZF6 - 4WD
    445hp/889tq

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast