Thread: how do you command richer than 9.79 in pe?

Default how do you command richer than 9.79 in pe?

As the title says, how do you command richer than 9.79 in pe? 2010 camaro
    My table is set at 6 but the engine wont go less than 9.79. I've tried the injector tables, the vve and the pump pressure but I'm still running out of fuel up top. I can't get the injectors to open enough. Tips?

Lifetime Member

Why are you trying to run it so rich?

What injectors and fuel system do you have? If you're running out of fuel, you need bigger injectors and a better fuel system...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

its a f1 procharger making 10+ lbs boost with 65 lb injectors and zl1 fuel pumps

the injectors are not hitting 100% duty cycle they are only at ~ 80%
    Last edited by ls1mike; June 6th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.

Lifetime Member

Dont care what the IDC is, if your VVE tables and MAF are set correctly AND you cant command whatever AFR you want, you have a fuel supply problem. Make sure the 2 or 3 Bar VVE tables and MAF curve are set correctly.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

sorry didnt explain myself more i was working on it this afternoon.

no matter what is in the PE table the logged (commanded) e38 (not actual) afr just bottoms out at 9.79 flat and wont go any lower. (efilive table asks for 6) my problem is i cannot get the injectors to open up any more than they are and there is still room (~20%) left so the duty cycle does matter.

in the ls1 there is a setting for max enrichment, it seems like there is one on this computer but its not in the efilive tables.

was trying to work around it but i'm going to have to suggest a bostapump or larger injectors to the owner.

the vve (no maf) is fine and even if you crank it up by 50% in that region you can't fool it to fuel more (it will in fact go even leaner if you do that?)

question:
    does the MAF table still matter in speed density with it not hooked up at all?

The E38 has a known "Max Lean Limit" table that is not available in most (if not all) calibrations. Chances are that there is also a "Max rich limit" that is a hard limit for commanded fuel.

The question still is, "Why do you need richer than 9.75:1 commanded AFR?" I've seen a number of FI setups running more than 10-PSI and none run a mixture that rich. If the exhaust AFR is leaner than commanded, then there are issues elsewhere.

Have you tried just running full OL and not using the O2 trims or PE mode?

Lifetime Member

Again, I dont care what IDC says...it can be wrong and should NOT be used as an "end-all" for saying you have more headroom on injectors.

It's either your VVE/MAF tables, commanded PE table (doesnt sound like it), fuel injectors (physical injectors), fuel system (pump, lines, pressure, etc). As Simon said, there isnt a reason to command that rich of a AFR. If you have to command a richer AFR using the PE table to achieve your desired AFR, it's called PE raping and will only introduce more issues.

Check your fuel pressure and make sure your lines and pump are adequate. If they are, then you're injectors are too small.
    ~Erik~

I reakon your losing fuel flow/pressure. put a guage on it and get someone to watch when u do a dyno pull

Plugged the MAF in and it worked fine? So much for running it in speed density. With meth came to just under 600 at the wheels today. (Richest spot commanded only like 10.8 iirc)

So what you're indicating, is that the predicted air flow is wrong. As a start, either the VVE, IAT corrections, Charge temp correction are not set correctly for the setup. For big FI setups, I'd prefer going SD. Actually, for most high HP motors I'd go SD.