Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F-Body Tuning Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines View Post
    I was able to get the 2000 Trans Am done on Saturday, and it works perfectly. Changed the High Octane table helped some, but apparently someone had drilled the Hole in the throttle body to 1/4" and that was causing all sorts of issues with the IAC. The biggest problem with both cars is that Someone else worked on them before I got to them. Both had been tuned previously, so I am basically trying to fix someone elses mess. The 98 Camaro with the 408 was tuned prior to us tuning it last year. And I have no way of getting the stock Cal back.
    I wont even messed with drilled TB's anymore, I make them swap out TB's if they want it tuned. I seen one a few years ago it wouldnt idle under 1,000rpm cause the hole was so big. If you ever need a stock file email me, I have stock files for almost every vehilce. There are also a good number of stock files on http://www.tunefiledepot.com/

On the 00 Trans am it was easy I have like 50 stock LS1 throttle bodies on the shelf, I just swapped throttle plates out. On this 98 Camaro with the 408 it has a FAST Intake with some off brand throttle body, so I cant just do that as easily, not to mention most 90+mm throttle bodies on the market have to be fixed after you get them so they don't stick. I got this one working pretty decently and was able to block the hole off on it. Id go back to a stock cal, but someone already swapped the 99+ PCM into this car so I have no clue what its actually out of as It has been full re-flashed by a previous tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines View Post
    I am still struggling with the 98 Camaro with the 408, I found the 102 MM throttle body on it has about a .010" air gap around the entire edge of the throttle plate and someone still had a 3/16" hole in it. I have since plugged the hole and gotten some direction, but still cannot get it to come down in RPM's after I have moved.
    Does it appear to have been ported (0.010" gap all around)...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Does it appear to have been ported (0.010" gap all around)...?
    No, its just some crappy aftermarket part that someone made the throttle plate too small for father than slightly too big so it closes the gap around it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12