Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mar 23, 2024, V8.4.48 Beta Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Mar 23, 2024, V8.4.48 Beta Release

V8.4.48 Public Beta Release

Be careful when installing the beta software on your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. If you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

WARNING for FlashScan/AutoCal V2 users:
    Firmware versions V2.08.199 and later are ONLY compatible with the EFILive V8 software, they are NOT compatible with any version of the EFILive V7.5 software.
    You SHOULD only update the firmware to version V2.08.199 or later if you intend to use the EFILive V8 software.
    You SHOULD NOT update the firmware to version V2.08.199 or later if you intend to use the EFILive V7.5 software.
    NOTE: The V7.5 software is no longer actively supported - EFILive does not provide technical support for the EFILive V7.5 software.

WARNING for FlashScan/AutoCal V3 users:
    Firmware versions V3.00.117 and later may only be rolled back to version V3.00.114.

The current public release is available here.

Full Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V8 software: V8.4.48
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.117
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.08.200

Download here:
    Download V8.4.48_Beta_Setup_2 (Updated: Mar 24, 2024)
    Firmware_V2.08.201 (Updated: Mar 30, 2024)
    Firmware_V3.00.117(3) (Updated: Apr 06, 2024)

Known Limitations:
    Limitation #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Limitation #2: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), that are specific to a custom operating system such as DSP2 or DSP5 PIDs when running a stock operating system, the values returned by those DMA PIDs will not contain valid information and should be ignored.
    Workaround: Ignore unsupported DMA PIDs.

Known Issues:
    Issue #1: (Mar 16, 2024) When using a FlashScan/AutoCal V2 device to flash a controller that is in dead-poll mode (i.e. after a failed flash), the target controller may not be detected correctly and the flash may fail after about 30 seconds but still report "Script file completed successfully."
    Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.47 Setup 2 (or later) from the link above and update your V2 device's firmware to V2.08.200 or later.

Issue #2: (Mar 17, 2024) Using the hotkey Ctrl+Alt+X was only re-loading the first *.cax8 file. Additional *.cax8 files were not being re-loaded.
    Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.47 Setup 3 (or later) from the link above.

Issue #3: (Mar 23, 2024) Data logging both a TCM and ECM when one device is not present can cause data corruption in the data log file.
    Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.48 (or later) and firmware V3.00.117 (or later) from the link above.

Issue #4: (Mar 23, 2024) Some installations on some PCs/Laptops do not startup correctly and/or produce an unrecoverable error when starting up.
    Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.48 (or later) from the link above. When starting EFILive_ScanAndTune, hold down the [Ctrl] key on the PC's keyboard to force the software to produce a startup trace/log file in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace. If the errors still occur, please create a help desk ticket here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket and attach the startup trace/log files. Note: Windows may start an application minimized to the task bar if/when the [Ctrl] key is held down when starting - so you may need to click on the application icon on the task bar to make the main window visible.

Issue #5: (Mar 24, 2024) Sometimes EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe fails to start and appears to hang.
    Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.48 Setup 2 (or later) from the link above.

Issue #6: (Mar 29, 2024) when clicking on the [EFILive Control Panel] button in the main Scan and Tune window, the Control Panel may display the error "Can't get semaphore for control of EFILive_Hapi" after 10 seconds.
    Workaround: You will most likely hear a beep (indicating the error dialog is being displayed), but you can't see it because it is behind the EFILive Scan and Tune window. The Scan and Tune software window will appear to freeze so you cant minimize it. Instead use Alt+Tab to cycle through the running applications until you see the blank Control Panel Window - the error dialog should then be visible, click [OK] on the error dialog to dismiss the error and the V8 Scan and Tune software will resume operating correctly.

Issue #7: (Mar 30, 2024) Flashing CM2350B (CME) or CM2450B (CMF) controllers may fail when using FlashScan/AutoCal V2.
    Workaround: Update FlashScan/AutoCal V2 devices with firmware V2.08.201 (or later). Download the updated firmware (using the link above) into a temporary folder, then unzip the firmware files into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware (you may need admin privileges). Then use the EFILive V8 [Check Firmware] button to update the firmware on FlashScan V2 and AutoCal V2 devices.

Issue #8: (Apr 06, 2024) Opening encrypted *.cax8 files using a FlashScan V3 results in the error "Invalid cryptographic operation".
    Workaround: Update FlashScan V3 devices with firmware V3.00.117(3) (or later). Download the updated firmware (using the link above) into a temporary folder, then unzip the firmware files into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware (you may need admin privileges). Then use the EFILive V8 [Check Firmware] button to update the firmware on FlashScan V3 devices.

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by Blacky; 1 Week Ago at 12:46 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

FYI I had some BBL issues with my Flashscan V3 after the latest Firmware update. Reverted back to previous firmware and logs look normal again. Support ticket has been sent.

Other than that, the software update works well. Those LML Injection table changes make a bit more sense now. Not sure what the plan is for the future but additional E86 updates are always appreciated!
    2016 LML

Lifetime Member

I can confirm this.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I'm no longer able to load tune files saved with V8 in V7.5. Is that by design, or will it be fixed?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woody35 View Post
    FYI I had some BBL issues with my Flashscan V3 after the latest Firmware update. Reverted back to previous firmware and logs look normal again. Support ticket has been sent.

Other than that, the software update works well. Those LML Injection table changes make a bit more sense now. Not sure what the plan is for the future but additional E86 updates are always appreciated!
    How were you able to revert back to older firmware?

Thanks

Connect Flashscan. Open Explorer and go to F12:Firmware Tab. I had the old V3.00.111 as an option to download to the Flashscan. I just looked and it isnt there anymore. I might have inadvertently saved over it when I was reinstalling the different software versions trying to troubleshoot my log issues. I will say though even if you download the old firmware, you will not be able to flash new files if you updated your configuration files. You will receive Script Errors. I am not sure how to recover old Config versions. I didn't spend much time trying.
    2016 LML

EFI Live support had me remove my Transmission Controller and PIDs from my BBX settings. With new Firmware and Software I can now log Engine PIDs with no issues. Hope that helps someone in the interim until a future update occurs.
    2016 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woody35 View Post
    Connect Flashscan. Open Explorer and go to F12:Firmware Tab. I had the old V3.00.111 as an option to download to the Flashscan. I just looked and it isnt there anymore. I might have inadvertently saved over it when I was reinstalling the different software versions trying to troubleshoot my log issues. I will say though even if you download the old firmware, you will not be able to flash new files if you updated your configuration files. You will receive Script Errors. I am not sure how to recover old Config versions. I didn't spend much time trying.
    Just read your options.txt and format config system and program config files-slower method. Let me see if i can try another firmware. I get an error downgrading from 116 to 111.

Lifetime Member

IT ACCEPTED THE DOWNGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my device back!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    IT ACCEPTED THE DOWNGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my device back!
    Good to hear! Did you program your old Config Files first or the old Firmware?
    2016 LML

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast