Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modify tune for turbo

Quote Originally Posted by gpr View Post
    I'm still stumped. Tried all your recommendations, even tried putting VE with 30% smaller values and nothing works. It will start if i have the throttle wide open but i have to hold it open and if it drops under 1500rpm it dies because it is so rich.

It seems no matter what i do it has no affect on how the car runs. I have tried decreasing fuel pressure, decrease and increase VE, changed the IFR table. I also thought maybe it was trying to use the TPS VE Table as A0003 was enable, so i disabled that and zero'd out the table. Still no change, so i have no idea why it isn't working. I'm debating on either putting a regular tune back in so it will start up and run, or put my stock injectors back in to see if possibly these new 1000cc injectors are bad.

Here is my tune with the cos5, and here is the short log file I got tonight. Also i have attached the file which i started from and what i was running before i told everything down to do the turbo.

Also why do all the custom calibrations show up as "Out of Range" even though they are set at or in the limits?
    With a COS you have to initially edit all of those to sane values...

they are beyond the limits (i.e. out-of-range) but the tunetool displays the closest limit... you have to set them to sane values, or just inside the range, save file, exit tunetool, restart tunetool, set the ones that should be at the limit to the limit, save file...

you have to fix these:
    Out of Range calibration summary: 02:07:06 pm, Friday Jun 14, 2013

EFILive Custom Calibrations
    {A0001} Forced Octane Scaler Percentage, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0002} Octane Scaler Limiter, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0017} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier Table RPM Enable, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0018} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier Table MAP Enable, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0007} TPS VE Table, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
    and also A0012, A0013.

[ don't mess with TPS VE table... this needs your VE table to be already corrected in order to properly work ]
    Last edited by joecar; June 14th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.

I'm still stumped. Tried all your recommendations, even tried putting VE with 30% smaller values and nothing works. It will start if i have the throttle wide open but i have to hold it open and if it drops under 1500rpm it dies because it is so rich.

It seems no matter what i do it has no affect on how the car runs. I have tried decreasing fuel pressure, decrease and increase VE, changed the IFR table. I also thought maybe it was trying to use the TPS VE Table as A0003 was enable, so i disabled that and zero'd out the table. Still no change, so i have no idea why it isn't working. I'm debating on either putting a regular tune back in so it will start up and run, or put my stock injectors back in to see if possibly these new 1000cc injectors are bad.

Here is my tune with the cos5, and here is the short log file I got tonight. Also i have attached the file which i started from and what i was running before i told everything down to do the turbo.

Also why do all the custom calibrations show up as "Out of Range" even though they are set at or in the limits?
    There are two tune files attached to your post (i.e. no log file)...

also note, I would do it in this order:

stock OS -> 4L80E segment swap -> COS upgrade

I think I might have found a possible cause. B3647 Commanded fuel vs rpm was set to show AFR, and it had values of less than one in there. I'm guessing that was commanding the car to be stupid rich? I put the values from the COS tutorial, but i'm guessing they were talking about lambda.

Anyway i put the following values in the attache screen shot. Will this work as it is using the stoich a/f of e85, or should i put 14.7 for stoich and have it richen up to 11 or 12?
    Yes, those are overly rich.

In the tunetool set the fueling units to EQR, exit tunetool, restart the tunetool, and redo B3647 and B3618;

B3647: EQR for low load: 0.99 or 1.01 (be careful, setting B3647 to 1.00 will trigger OL STFT trimming)

B3618: EQR 1.165 if NA, 1.25 if running boost.

Also note: the MAF DTC's in C6001 are set to Not-Reported...

this means that you won't get a MAF DTC...

this means that the PCM will continue to use the MAF.

I think you should start from some known stock tune...

then do the 4L80E segment swap...

then do the COS5 upgrade...

then decide if you want to run MAF or MAF-less;

set B3601 for the fuel you will be using;

then set your IFR (and other injector tables) to correctly model your injectors (if you're going to run with MAF, you may have to scale);

set B3618 and B3647 to suitable EQR for your application (NA or Boosted),

estimate your VE table,

start tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Also note: the MAF DTC's in C6001 are set to Not-Reported...

this means that you won't get a MAF DTC...

this means that the PCM will continue to use the MAF.
    So when c6001 is set to non emissions it won't use the maf, but then they will be in there every time i pull DTC's? I put them to not reported so they won't show up as i figured the maf isn't used anyway since it is unplugged.

So when c6001 is set to non emissions it won't use the maf, but then they will be in there every time i pull DTC's? I put them to not reported so they won't show up as i figured the maf isn't used anyway since it is unplugged.
    No...

C6001 set to Not-Reported causes DTC to not trigger...

yes, you want a MAF DTC to be present, this tells the PCM to ignore the MAF (without this DTC the PCM will still use the MAF, even if the MAF is physically absent...!!!);

C6001 set to 1-Trip or Non-Emissions allows DTC to trigger... but always check that it does trigger.

Good to know how the COS fails the maf to not use it. I put it to non emissions. After changing the commanded air fuel ratio to something that makes since the car starts up and idles! now on with the rest of the tuning.

Thanks again joecar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    B3618: EQR 1.165 if NA, 1.25 if running boost.
    Joe, does this mean that B3618 needs to be a flat line? Or are you just indicating a starting point?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Good to know how the COS fails the maf to not use it. I put it to non emissions. After changing the commanded air fuel ratio to something that makes since the car starts up and idles! now on with the rest of the tuning.

Thanks again joecar!!!!
    No, it's not the COS that is failing the MAF, is the presence of the MAF DTC (regardless of COS)

[ the COS's can run with the MAF if it is not failed... for example I run COS5 with MAF ]

Yes, Non-Emissions still allows the MAF DTC to show up (and hence fail the MAF).

Cool, rock on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast