Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modify tune for turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Joe, does this mean that B3618 needs to be a flat line? Or are you just indicating a starting point?
    Initially, you would set B3618 flat like you said...

then if you can get dyno time, after VE/MAF (whichever you use) are corrected, you can fine tune B3618 (so that it is not necessarily a straight line);

same if you have successive 1/4 mile passes, on each pass you can adjust B3618 and take note of the ET/TS... but on a dyno it is easier.

If you daily-drive then it is easiest/safest to leave it flat same value.
    Last edited by joecar; June 17th, 2013 at 09:33 PM.

Attached are my tune now and a scan from tonight. It was only a scan at idle tonight to verify how the engine was running, and that the pids were working etc...

the map created with AutoVe is map "D" and for some reason I'm only getting decimals is this correct? seems like it is the opposite of what it should be, as when i copy with labels and paste with labels and multiply, then it is making the VE % smaller at those cells. However it needs to be making them larger. Seems like the values should be larger than 1 created in the map so i can copy and paste those.

what do i have setup wrong? (other than that everyone thinks it should be displayed in metric, but i prefer imperial units)
    Attached Files Attached Files

What sort of decimal number are you seeing?

Your wideband Lambda hovers around 1.1 at a commanded EQR of 1.0 (Gasoline AFR 14.68 / E85 AFR 9.71) - should result in a BEN of 1.1 (sounds like this is what you were expecting to see)
    You would be seeing ~ 0.73 if wideband is still programmed for gas and your BEN is based on wideband AFR.

Best solution is to work in EQR units (1/lambda). Then your BEN is simply commanded_EQR * wideband_Lambda.

It was showing .757 as a value in the map. How do i modify the map to use either eqr or lambda? it sounds like it is using eqr already?

Quote Originally Posted by gpr View Post
    Attached are my tune now and a scan from tonight. It was only a scan at idle tonight to verify how the engine was running, and that the pids were working etc...

the map created with AutoVe is map "D" and for some reason I'm only getting decimals is this correct? seems like it is the opposite of what it should be, as when i copy with labels and paste with labels and multiply, then it is making the VE % smaller at those cells. However it needs to be making them larger. Seems like the values should be larger than 1 created in the map so i can copy and paste those.

what do i have setup wrong? (other than that everyone thinks it should be displayed in metric, but i prefer imperial units)
    In your map properties, on each of the Data, Col, Row tabs checkmark show units...

then on the Data tab set the precision to 3 or 4...

then save and exit the properties...

and then post a screenshot of your map.

In your tunetool what are the fueling units...?

What are you using as the map's Data pid...?
    Last edited by joecar; June 17th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

It was showing .757 as a value in the map. How do i modify the map to use either eqr or lambda? it sounds like it is using eqr already?
    Use the calc pid that defines ben as this:
    Quote Originally Posted by darcy
    Best solution is to work in EQR units (1/lambda). Then your BEN is simply commanded_EQR * wideband_Lambda.
    more specifically, the calc_pids.txt file for the Calc.MAFT procedure defines CALC.WO2BEN as "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1}".

Are you doing the Calc.MAFT procedure [which corrects the VE table] (as established above)...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    In your map properties, on each of the Data, Col, Row tabs checkmark show units...

then on the Data tab set the precision to 3 or 4...

then save and exit the properties...

and then post a screenshot of your map.

In your tunetool what are the fueling units...?

What are you using as the map's Data pid...?
    Here is a screen shot of both the map with data units, and the properties of the tune tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	properties.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	15370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-18-13.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	15369  

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Use the calc pid that defines ben as this:

more specifically, the calc_pids.txt file for the Calc.MAFT procedure defines CALC.WO2BEN as "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1}".

Are you doing the Calc.MAFT procedure [which corrects the VE table] (as established above)...?
    I'm using BEN_LC11 as I have a LC1 install on the car, is that correct.

I'm a bit confused as well as how I should be setting everything up. There is calc.ve calc.vet, calc.maft, auto.ve. i downloaded the pdf tutorial from you link joecar of the "AutoVE Tuning Tutorial" and followed it. I assumed this is the correct tutorial?

I am using COS 5, trying to tune the car with in Speed Density since I have removed the maf.

Here is a screen shot of both the map with data units, and the properties of the tune tool.
    Set your fueling units to EQR.

Your map shows your wideband is not working...

also you want your map horizontal axis to use MAP kPa (not psi).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast