Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Modify tune for turbo

Quote Originally Posted by gpr View Post
    I'm a bit confused as well as how I should be setting everything up. There is calc.ve calc.vet, calc.maft, auto.ve. i downloaded the pdf tutorial from you link joecar of the "AutoVE Tuning Tutorial" and followed it. I assumed this is the correct tutorial?

I am using COS 5, trying to tune the car with in Speed Density since I have removed the maf.
    You're running SD, then you could do the Calc.MAFT procedure (as said above)...

or it looks like you're fixed on the AutoVE tutorial so them just simply do that, the pdf tells you how to set up
    (ignore Calc.MAFT and Calc.VET).

Ah okay, after reading that post #29 it helps a lot!!!

So calc.maft is basically the same as autoVE but it doesn't disable LTFT, and it also is creating a calculated value for the MAF table. (which i assume i don't need to copy and paste into my tune since the maf isn't used anyway?)

I will go do calc.maft now because it uses the same pid's as calc.vet which i have already setup and used to tune the car before i went to the COS.

Quote Originally Posted by gpr View Post

So calc.maft is basically the same as autoVE but it doesn't disable LTFT, and it also is creating a calculated value for the MAF table. (which i assume i don't need to copy and paste into my tune since the maf isn't used anyway?)

Correct (and correct).

I noticed as I was tuning that the map sensor wasn't reading correctly. I have a pressure sensor that was reading 12.4psi on my dyno weather station (also verified by the local airport readings) but the new cars 3 bar map was at 13.9. In the COS upgrade it states to enter the value of 288 into c3601, and that you can scale this value for the map sensor to read correctly.

c3602 is Map Sensor Offset and is set to 1.5. Instead of changing C3601 cant i just change c3602, as that seems like what it is there for?

The odd thing is going back to look at old logs and the map sensor was reading correctly then the offset was still set at 1.5 in c3602.

No, you need to use the scaler (C3601) and leave C3602 alone... as you have seen, it reads correctly with C3602 left stock...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

I'm back in town and able to mess with the car more. I got the map sensor scaled so it reads correctly. However before and still now the PID's calculated maf is not showing up as a valid PID.

i have copied and pasted the text file with the PID's in it, but still not working. do i need this for calc.maft?

Also when i was setting c6301 so the map sensor would read correctly it was a little odd. the atmosphere pressure around here is about 12.4 psi. setting c6301 at 260 reads 12.5 lower it to 258 it reads 12.5, lower it again to 257 and it now reads 12.3. tried it a couple times setting it to different things and for some reason it does the same and goes from 12.5 to 12.3 psi, is this normal?

Alright, did a log this morning and got everything to work. So now i can finally start tuning.

I would like to also log timing advance but i'm at 24 pid's. Do i really need to include GM.MAFFREQ, and SAE.MAF? Because there is no MAF hooked up anyway so it isn't getting any readings. I'm guessing though that CALC.MAFT and CALC.MAFN are used as it is calculating what the MAF should be reading?

thanks again to everyone for their help!

No, you don't need the MAF pids if you are running speed density.
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Correct... CALC.MAFN and CALC.MAFT are calculating what the MAF table would be (using the pid GM.VETABLE_DMA).

Since you're interested in correcting VE (and not really interested in MAF) you can ignore those pids if you want (CALC.MAFN, CALC.MAFT, GM.VETABLE_DMA).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234