Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edge Fined $500,000

This should definitely help the economy!

And the rumor is QUADZILLA closed there doors yesterday, probably to avoid getting fined because they were working on LML deletes.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Glad to see the smokers having to stop the black soot party. Just last weekend a asinine moron in a Ford diesel smoked my wife and I while on a motorcycle ride, nothing erks you more than a jerk spraying smoke on you on purpose no less and then laugh at about it. NOT COOL!
    Not happy to see shops closing or paying fines, but glad to see the jerks that misused this get theirs.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I don't think you'll find many tuners on here running a business that would willingly write someone a smoke tune, but that kind of thing has probably helped bring attention to the problem.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I don't think you'll find many tuners on here running a business that would willingly write someone a smoke tune, but that kind of thing has probably helped bring attention to the problem.
    Sorry for the rant. The smoke was still fresh in my lunges from the jerk and just had to vent. (no pun intended)
    I agree most tuners would not and it saddens me to see a misuse of tuning software for jerks to abuse and ruin it for the rest of the people that do not. End rant!
    I am totally against the EPA and its heavy hand, but motorcyclist are easy targets for smoker soot.
    Heck 2013 new motorcycles in Texas are to be equipped with a seat pad that if you stand up going down the road it kills the bike, smart (not), abuse again, adding $300 to each new bike to have it installed. I stand up sometimes to relieve butt stress, and I do like to do the unicycle thing every once in a while.
    I digress, diesels are targeted because of the smoke and the fact that they get tonnes better fuel mileage, can't have that, got to regulate that and kill the advantage. End rant!
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Besides getting smoked out on the street which brings bad attention, just had to happen once to someone at EPA, congress etc...

Just look at how popular smoking videos are on you tube! Plenty of targetted targets SMOKED while they get a good video...

Lifetime Member

Around here most of the people who are driving these things are spoiled farmer redneck wanna be type kids.(Man that was alot for one sentence.) And there trucks are about as dumb as they are. Its funny when my wifes 5.3 trailblazer eats every one of from a stop. While they billow black smoke three car lenghts behind. They ought to outlaw any tuning of these stupid things. They are freakin trucks. No one around the northeast and in my parts thinks a work truck that wants to be a race car is cool. Ban em epa. This aint europe. I hate the black smoke and thats my rant.
    Last edited by slows10; January 24th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

What is somewhat funny is that the "fine was reduced to $500,000. in light of their current financial situation" I found that on the actual epa webiste.

Food for thought: in 2008 or 2009 (I don't remember which), the EPA raked in something like $32M+ (in that one year) from violation fines (e.g. failing to meet DPF retrofit deadline, selling venting containers, selling products containing VOC's, etc). Many of the people affect were small businesses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast