Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel

Default 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel

Probably way to early to speculate but I saw GM is putting a turbo Diesel engine in the 2014 Chevy Cruze. Just wondering if anyone knows what ECM the vehicle runs and what the likelihood of support from efi will be in the future? I'm am very excited that GM took this leap to bring small diesel engine passenger cars to USA. With its projected success I think we will see more from GM. A 2.5L turbo diesel Malibu and Colorado would be great.

If its supported the real hurdle will be the stupid emissions......without a way to make it run when the "christmas tree" of codes appears it probably isn't a worthwhile endeavor here in the states, guys over seas that are out of the USA would benefit from the tuning.

Thanks to the EPA and the Obama regime the USA is screwed.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Default Re: 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel

I haven't tuned trucks as new with urea injection but have tuned trucks for customers that have wanted to keep dpf and egr working as they should. I don't think the emission crap restricts the tunability at all on towing and light built trucks. Yes its better without it and easier. The emission stuff is a headache but those vehicles don't drive around with any lights on. Then again with something that new might be a totally different story.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Thanks to the Obama regime the USA is screwed.
    Fixed it for ya!

Can't do a full calibration read I'm afraid, Bosch messing with us again.
    Tony, FYI the USA Cruze Diesel is the only version using the EDC17, all others use a Delphi ECM (no urea), lucky you!!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    Probably way to early to speculate but I saw GM is putting a turbo Diesel engine in the 2014 Chevy Cruze. Just wondering if anyone knows what ECM the vehicle runs and what the likelihood of support from efi will be in the future? I'm am very excited that GM took this leap to bring small diesel engine passenger cars to USA. With its projected success I think we will see more from GM. A 2.5L turbo diesel Malibu and Colorado would be great.
    Colorado already has a 2.5L and 2.8L Duramax option, everywhere but the USA (we wont even get the same Colorado as the rest of the world, if we get one at all.) Tell me how that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Tony, FYI the USA Cruze Diesel is the only version using the EDC17, all others use a Delphi ECM (no urea), lucky you!!
    Hmmm, wonder if some ECM swaps will be happening then...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Default 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Colorado already has a 2.5L and 2.8L Duramax option, everywhere but the USA (we wont even get the same Colorado as the rest of the world, if we get one at all.) Tell me how that makes sense.
    Just because it shares a name doesn't make it the same....consider yourself lucky that your not stuck with Thai Imports.

Another example is the Malibu platform. ECMs and engines different based on region. The new diesel Malibu launched in Australia this week is also straight out of Asia.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default Re: 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel

Thats what the soon to be is wanting, a Malibu. I wish it got a diesel here in the states. I'm willing to spend the extra money because in my experience you make that back on resale here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Actually it makes total sense, look at what GM has had to do to get the Cruze Diesel ready for the USA compared to every other Cruze Diesel sold in the world, the 2.5L and 2.8L Duramax in the rest of the world don't require DEF but they would in the USA. GM is not the one to be pointing the finger at here, but I think you guys probably know that already. In fact I don't think the 2.8L Duramax even has a DPF on our local cars.
    If it's any consolation, you know the Camaro was pretty much designed here in Melbourne, Australia, also one of the only places in the world where you can't buy one! But I blame that on our English heritage and current laws about LHD cars, not GM fault.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Sure, just rub that salt in our wounds !!!!
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast