Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel

Well thats Poop

I'm not sure why this was done, all other Cruze Diesel's (eg, non USA models) get the 6T40 trans and our engine makes just a touch more torque than yours.
    USA Cruze is 264 lb-ft @ 2,600 RPM, rest of the world is 266 lb·ft @ 1750 RPM (according to Wiki) so it's not like the 6T40 can't be up to the task, GM wouldn't want thousands of these transmissions breaking all over the place nad I am guessing the Korean sourced 6T40 is going to be cheaper than the Japanese trans.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah I agree with you, so far so good - mine is rated at 258 torque (two less than stock) and I am peaking at over 350 and holding steady well over 300 all over the powerband as I am experimenting. No trouble yet except for the mystery shifts - the more power I make the softer and slower it shifts @ WOT (T/C off and all) but I am still investigating what it may be. Not bad little A/T units at all so far.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Ross can you email me a stock Cruze file for me to take a look at. Im interested to see what the EDC17 has to offer. Also one for the E20 plz. I wonder if I could retrofit all the necessary sensors from the non US Cruze along with a standalone harness to run a 4cyl cr Cummins project I have in mind. The deal killer will be what kind of injection pump/injector driver signal the ecm puts out. Im sure with some machine work I can use the Cruze injectors but would rather use a cp3 pump. Thanks.
    Jake@fullpulltuning.com

USA Cruze has not been mapped at this point (well, there is only 5 or 6 tables) just so we knew we could flash in modified tunes, Fleece Performance is hex editing (or creating .cax files) and then flashing with EFILive. The EDC17 is essentially an LMM on steroids, the concepts are pretty much the same.
    I will post up some E20 tunes with the next update (which will have the E20 tuning active).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    A Japanese Aisin F40-6 with a non GM sourced TCM (ie, not T76 or T43)
    The TCM tuning is so bad....I can hardly stand it! It hunts gears real bad......its like someone said, "thats good enough" and quit working on it 3/4 done. I'd tune the TCM in this car way before I touched the ECM.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

That might be a problem Bobo, it is a Japanese sourced unit, nothing to do with the 'normal' GM systems. I am not rubbing salt in to the wound, but our local Cruze TCM tune is quite good, just needed some firming up on the shifts and that is about it.

Does the non US Diesel Cruze have remote start? I think all US ones do. Mine does and just wondering if you have found the ability to lengthen the run time longer than 10 minutes in mapping the E20 ecm? I know, wishfull thinking that its an ECM function but thought I would ask. It be nice to run a little longer.

No remote start for our Aussie ones, not sure about Europe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345