Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new flex fuel sensor with 411 pcm

Default new flex fuel sensor with 411 pcm

I have an 02 T/A, I am having a hard time finding output data for the old sensor vs the new one and was wondering if anyone used the new sensor with an old 411 flex fuel OS? its a hell of a lot cheaper and smaller sensor, so i wouldlike to utalize it in my build. also has anyone actually use a FF os in a 411 with sucess?

Ok, i found the 12216125 OS for the 02 5.3L yukon, my only issue now is, it doesnt seem that you have a custom OS with the flex fuel option for the 411 PCM. Is there any way i can get this support? maybe take the BIN file from each and splice what i do and dont need. This is what i really want to do and don't want to have to swap to a newer for something that should be this simple. I think it would be agood option as the new flex fuel sensor can be had for 40 bucks not 400.

It's not as simple as the "splice" you mention, but I'll pass on your request.

I didnt figure it would be simple, im a mildy decent programmer, if i had the files and knew what the hell to edit them with, it would be a nice hobby.
    But with the availability of the new sensor, it only makes sense to add this option, In Las Vegas, E85 is everywhere, but i have seen a lot of inconsistency with it and wouldn't trust a single corn tune.
    With the boost support and the n20 VE and Timing multiplier that would be great for spraying meth, or even straight e85. I love the potential of this, but lack the tools.
    If they arent interested in doing it, if they can hook me up with the tools, ill waste my time doing it.

I also realize i will likely have to repin to use the truck FF OS, but is fine it doesnt bother me at all. Unless you can, or set me up with the ability to, put the FF into the f car custom OS, that would be wonderful.
    Last edited by LS1Inferno; June 21st, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Lifetime Member

Upgrade to a 1MB LS1-B PCM and these options will fall into place - if you are serious. From a business model standpoint EFILive would be foolish to invest resources into developing an additional custom OS for an obsolete controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Upgrade to a 1MB LS1-B PCM and these options will fall into place - if you are serious. From a business model standpoint EFILive would be foolish to invest resources into developing an additional custom OS for an obsolete controller.
    I didn't know there was a 1MB ls1B with these options, i will look into that further. Thank you much, i see i have wasted A LOT of research time. This information is somewhat hard to find. I assume the physical connections are the same, but will likely need to repin? Do you have a reccomended YMM to souce the 1MB ls1B from?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Inferno View Post
    ... I assume the physical connections are the same, but will likely need to repin? ...
    Blue connector is the same. The Red connector became a Green connector - easy to change. O2s will probably be your most challenging rework - Case Ground versus Isolate Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Inferno View Post
    ... Do you have a recommended YMM to source the 1MB ls1B from?
    2004 OS12587603 works well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Blue connector is the same. The Red connector became a Green connector - easy to change. O2s will probably be your most challenging rework - Case Ground versus Isolate Ground.

2004 OS12587603 works well ...
    Thank you for the help.

I have a pinout and harness diagram for my car and pcm, do you happen to have one for that which i assume i like an 04 corvette. shouldn't be too hard for me to find, but if you have it that would be nice.

Lifetime Member

No OEM Flex Fuel option for a 2004 Corvette ... you are looking at an L59 5.3L truck setup ... if you go this route.

Ok, ill see what i can find, i found stock tune for the vette with the 1257603 and it has the flex fuel option in the PCM and a pinout for it. ill gather truck pinouts and wiring as well. Im hoping to keep my traction control, and ill ditch the whole project if i have to go DBW, it appears i dont have to, but we'll see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast