Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new flex fuel sensor with 411 pcm

Lifetime Member

Corvettes are all DBW ... some trucks are DBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    No OEM Flex Fuel option for a 2004 Corvette ... you are looking at an L59 5.3L truck setup ... if you go this route.

Ive been looking, im havign a hard time finidg the pinout and diagram for the 5.3L, were there any of these that still had drive by cable?

Lifetime Member

Are you certain that you have the skill sets to undertake this project ? Despite your claims in post #4, you don't seem overly familiar with these systems. It may be a better course of action to either leave the car as is, or to retain the services of a reputable professional.

To answer your most recent question ... some of the 2004 full size vans were DBC.

That's what i have found too, yes i have the technical skills to do it, its just as you said, i am not overly familiar with the systems. I don't know everything about every PCM and OS made as you seem to. Though I am learning quickly.
    I understand that my questions make it seem that i am confused with how the system works, I am not. I am sure that you didn't know everything when you started, this information doesnt seem to be openly published and available.
    If i had some nice factory service manuals for everything im sure this process would be much easier. But, alas i must learn the hard way. I am not some hack who is going to use butt connectors to hack together a system.

I appreciate your concern, but i assure you, i am more than capable. I am a mechanical engineer with somewhat extensive electronics and programming skill, i just don't have the time to mess around with it and learn from my mistakes.
    I need to know it will work the first time i do it. I am home maybe 2 weekends a month, the rest of the time i travel.

Lifetime Member

GM factory service manuals ...

www.helminc.com

The DVD format is not currently available (some say it will never be available again) ... GM hasn't released a DVD since 2011 ... it was the best bang for your buck at around $400 (covered a decade of most models).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12