Thread: Difference between 2002 & 2004 LB7 tune?

Default Difference between 2002 & 2004 LB7 tune?

Im new to this thing, is there a difference between a 2004 LB7 tune and a 2002? Stock tunes nothing modified. It commands rail pressure and gets it, but none of the injectors are working. Tgey all stay at 0 when cranking.

It ran fine before, but the PCM was locked with a junk programmer, so I sent it off to get unlocked so I could tune it. The operating system had to be changed, and it flashes fine with the '04 tune. '02 tune won't flash due to the new OS. Vehicle cranks but no start due to injectors not working.

02 and 04 tunes are quite a bit different. And if you changed ECM's, then you need to do a theft learn for the replacement ECM before it will fire the injectors. As for flashing in the other tune, you will have to full flash it, not cal flash it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Default Re: Difference between 2002 & 2004 LB7 tune?

I had it unlocked. There was a programmer put on it and the gal I bought it from wouldn't let me use it to unlock the PCM. So they assigned a VIN to it at the same time that I already had a license for while I'm saving up to upgrade to V2 . That VIN was a 2004. The OS had to change to match the VIN from what I understand. Now I have a no start. How do I do the theft re-learn?

It acts exactly like a bad ignition switch on a 2000 gas engine I had. Everything but injectors because the BCM wasn't recognizing the key switch.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by puddlestomper View Post
    I had it unlocked. There was a programmer put on it and the gal I bought it from wouldn't let me use it to unlock the PCM. So they assigned a VIN to it at the same time that I already had a license for while I'm saving up to upgrade to V2 . That VIN was a 2004. The OS had to change to match the VIN from what I understand. Now I have a no start. How do I do the theft re-learn?
    VIN doesnt matter, if the ECM changed then you need a new license. VIN license refers to 1 license needed per vehicle from GM, i.e. 1 PCM or 1 ECM/TCM. EFILive licenses the controller's serial number, VIN is irrelevant. New ECM with old previously-licensed VIN, new license.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I've already got that. I had one license left. I just can't get it to run now. Its the same physical PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlestomper View Post
    The operating system had to be changed, and it flashes fine with the '04 tune. '02 tune won't flash due to the new OS. Vehicle cranks but no start due to injectors not working.
    Something isn't ringing true. You should be able to full flash any OS if the ECM is healthy. It sounds like you possibly have a bad ECM. Where did you send it for this "unlock" ? Are you sure you rec'd the same ECM back?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

I was only doing a cal flash. Did a full flash and disabled VATS. It started. Missing out, but running. So I am going to mess with it tonight. This is the first time I've had a running engine to mess with. I bought EFI Live to fix a couple of 2004.5's I traded for and never got those running.