Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: torque management or fueling issue or rev limiter issue???

Default torque management or fueling issue or rev limiter issue???

when i go to brake stall my truck to either launch in boost or do a burn out or anything really (its an auto) my truck will surge at around 1800-2000RPM as if i was hitting a rev limiter. it makes it really hard to launch good or even do a simple burnout... i do have my RPM limiters all up under "engine protection" along with other things in that section disabled. is this an issue to be dealt with and tuned through my TCM? if so im really starting to not be a fan of EFI Live as all the little box tuners out there can fix this issue and some can even tune your TCM yet the all mighty EFI Live which is well known doesnt even give us the options of COMPLETE tuneability. whats the use of tuning a race engine with one software if you need something else to tune the transmission in order to actually USE the power??? sorry im just a little upset here as i was under the impression that EFI Live did everything we needed when i bought it...

Slow down tonto, easy fix. The software works, but nobody can't control your skills with it.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67 Torque Limiting.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	15434

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    Slow down tonto, easy fix. The software works, but nobody can't control your skills with it.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67 Torque Limiting.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	15434
    I already have all that disabled....wish it were that easy

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
    when i go to brake stall my truck to either launch in boost or do a burn out or anything really (its an auto) my truck will surge at around 1800-2000RPM as if i was hitting a rev limiter. it makes it really hard to launch good or even do a simple burnout... i do have my RPM limiters all up under "engine protection" along with other things in that section disabled. is this an issue to be dealt with and tuned through my TCM? if so im really starting to not be a fan of EFI Live as all the little box tuners out there can fix this issue and some can even tune your TCM yet the all mighty EFI Live which is well known doesnt even give us the options of COMPLETE tuneability. whats the use of tuning a race engine with one software if you need something else to tune the transmission in order to actually USE the power??? sorry im just a little upset here as i was under the impression that EFI Live did everything we needed when i bought it...
    No option currently available has COMPLETE Tunability, unless your using a factory development tool. I'm not sure I've ever seen any aftermarket device (including our own) advertise that they do. Each product on the market caters to a range of customers. No one claims to be the 'be all and end all', but EFILive does cover a whole range of scenarios that the box tuners cannot.

EFILive doesn't offer TCM tuning. Our website has never listed we did.

You are entitled to your opinion, EFILive is not the right answer for everyone, and we don't claim it to be. EFILive isn't an EASY option. You need to learn how to use software. You need to understand how that software interfaces and interacts with your vehicle. You need to learn how to read results and interpret those into making tuning refinements. The skill of the tuner will determine the outcome. The software is the same tool for all customers, it's a matter of how it is used.

Cheers
    Cindy

Default Re: torque management or fueling issue or rev limiter issue???

Very well said Cindy..

Soooo, are you gonna post a data log or tune file of said burnout failure? Then we can actually see where the problem is.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    Soooo, are you gonna post a data log or tune file of said burnout failure? Then we can actually see where the problem is.
    Ill post it when i get home from work.

@Cindy, i never said efi live advertised their product as an end all solution just from tye way people make it sound..which is a good thing for you guys though right? Im not putting any blame at all on the product i should have done more research beforehand but when i got in the game of tuning my truck i was time limited with the newest release of your software amd did NOT want to get stuck with a V2 that was updated and wouldnt allow me to delete my truck. Ill blame the EPA if anyone haha.

Anyways im hoping along with many other peope that you guys will offer TCM tuneability in the very near future! My only option is to get a H&S box tuner if i want to do my own tuning which ALSO can be used to tune the ECM... and to me seeing as i spent nearly a grand on efi would be a complete waste of money.
    Last edited by C Murda; July 5th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

08 6.7 auto 11620807 62350435AZ 502 base file mileage.ctz

this is the file imm currently running

never did a log file as i didnt have any equipment with me in the truck... this just happens all the time!

You need to go back in and look at your fuel limiters. You're not even giving yourself any power under 2000 RPM's.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Default Re: torque management or fueling issue or rev limiter issue???

I would learn the software and how to tune before you start jumping to conclusions. Efilive is very complex and I learn stuff every day. With the short time it has been released it already trumps everything on the market. Be patient and learn the software/principals of engine operation and it'll work out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast