Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no start.no ecm

Default no start.no ecm

04 lb7.not the first time its been tuned.tried flashing a tune try times or so,always gives me the 0101 code.now won't start.says ecm is in an un unknown state.any thoughts?im trying not to sound desperate but i am:-)thanks

Ok im getting a used ecm in Kansas city.do i have to buy a new licence?im goin to need to flash in a stock file and do vats relearn right?

If your using a V2 did you try the V7.5 tuning tool ?

When did you last update the V2 Firmwar/Bootblock and or software ?

I would make sure all is up to date first and if you have any aftermarket electronics disable them
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Willie parsons went thru my computer to be sure everything is updated right.also updated bootloader and firmware although i didn't do it in that order.i read somewhere that you have to do bootlaoder first.also tried all the fuses radio,abs ,info.im stumped.i canyon believe it would be fried when it wasn't even flashing.tried to do the vats relearn ,turn key to start,wait ten min,repeat,repeat and start.no go.although isn't the security light supposed to go off after the ten minutes are up?it didn't.

It just gets worse.turns out the salvage yard in ks city midway auto parts lost it in the mess somewhere now im back to zero.im ten hours from home.lol.guess ill just drive the hour and a half bac to the truck k and reset everything and uninstall v8 and reinstall in case its something on the efi side of it...any alt keys i could try?thanks

Ross or Paul care to comment on this?

Lifetime Member

Ross and Paul are building new software today, so their forum presence may be lower than usual.

A couple of things:

Please post your software, firmware and bootblock versions. I know you say you are up to date, but that information is necessary for us. FWIW, there were problems with the USB driver software from our supplier in software built before BEFORE Aug 24. Our August 24 release contains fixes for this.

Please advise how you are connecting to the vehicle - are you flashing with V7 or V8? are you flashing in pass-through mode or standalone?

What happens when you try and read the file out of the vehicle? or connect the scan tool? What messages do you get?

The error code list details the below on $0101 - can you please try these steps?

USB cable is faulty or not connected. - Check USB cables, plugs and connections. Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable.

In rare circumstances the PC operating system or the EFILive software may be malfunctioning. In even rarer circumstances the FlashScan or AutoCal device’s USB circuitry may have been damaged. That damage occurs when the laptop is powered by a voltage inverter supplied from the vehicle’s battery. A power inverter must never be used to power the laptop while it is connected via FlashScan or AutoCal to the vehicle.

Check USB cables, plugs and connections. Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable. Try rebooting the PC/laptop. Try using a self-powered USB hub between the PC/laptop and FlashScan or AutoCal. Try re-installing EFILive software which also re-installs the USB drivers.

Here are also a couple of threads you may like to read http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....highlight=dead
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....highlight=dead

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you so very much.!

There is no power to etc/ecm fuse and the ecmrpv fuse.any signifigance here?

Lifetime Member

If you've got blown fuses you will need to replace them. You can't problem if there is no power going back to the ECM.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast