Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0549 code when trying to reflash

Default 0549 code when trying to reflash

Everything has been running great, then this morning i started it up, ran for 5 seconds then the CEL light and security light came on and truck died.

Will start and run for a few seconds no problem. Tried to scan for codes and acts like nothing to connect to. tried to flash in a new tune with security disabled and i get the 0549 code (ignition off). Fuses are all good.

Any suggestions?
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Maybe key fob went south try your other key this is what it will do if wrong key gets put in .
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

Ended up disconnecting the batteries for an hour. Hooked them back up and everything is working normal again. wish i knew what caused it though
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

So this is still happening.
    I tried the other key fob and that made no difference.
    I DID however manage to flash in a tune that i had disabled the security and skim before it went south again.

now it will start and runs fine, BUT the dash is lit right up with CEL, check gauges light, temp light, brake light, ABS light, security light flashing and it shows no oil pressure and occasionally i have no gear position indicator.

when its in this state i cant connect with the scan tool. when i try to check DTC on just the handheld it says nothing is connected. when i try to flash in a new tune i get the 0549 code on the tune tool.(when i was able to connect and flash in a tune it showed no DTC)

im leaning towards TIPM is shot. since it starts and i can drive it around just fine it makes me think the ECM is ok just losing communication somewhere ...

anyone have any suggestions?

wasnt the TIPM. i put a brand new one in with exactly the same results. i hope i can crazy glue the box back together so i can get my $1000 back....

Did you try disabling the "SKIM Key Stored in ECM" diag using EFILive?

If you have and also tried disabling all of the other SKIM parameters in EFILive, then you most certainly have an issue with the Key FOB or the truck side sSKIM equipment. Reason I say this is because when doing a 04+ Cummins swap, there are few LD truck O/S's or tunes that will actually allow EFILive to disable the SKIM and let it run past 3 seconds after starting. I recommend downloading a C&C tune from tunefiledepot.com and flashing it to your ECU for testing purposes. I bet that it runs. If so, it pretty much tells me that you have SKIM equipment issues. If not that, your ECU could be suspect.
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by beav View Post
    Did you try disabling the "SKIM Key Stored in ECM" diag using EFILive?

If you have and also tried disabling all of the other SKIM parameters in EFILive, then you most certainly have an issue with the Key FOB or the truck side sSKIM equipment. Reason I say this is because when doing a 04+ Cummins swap, there are few LD truck O/S's or tunes that will actually allow EFILive to disable the SKIM and let it run past 3 seconds after starting. I recommend downloading a C&C tune from tunefiledepot.com and flashing it to your ECU for testing purposes. I bet that it runs. If so, it pretty much tells me that you have SKIM equipment issues. If not that, your ECU could be suspect.
    I have set E6510, F2102, and F2145 all to "Disabled" and it still does the 3 second run time and dies. Am i missing any other "switches"?

or should i return E6510 (VATS) back to enabled and set F2102 & F2145 to disabled? ive been reading that shutting off the VATS on a factory setup can cause problems?
    the crappy thing is that once its in this state it wont let me communicate with the ecm, so i cant just keep trying things and reflashing. i have to unhook the batteries and wait an hour , then hope that when i reconnect them that im able to communicate
    Last edited by skneeland; July 24th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    I have set E6510, F2102, and F2145 all to "Disabled" and it still does the 3 second run time and dies. Am i missing any other "switches"?
    I believe that those are all the right ones. Very few have been successful getting the SKIM disable via EFI Live with the stock LD tunes. Only the C&C tune/OS seems to work, but I have heard that there is some LD tune out there that works...just have not found it.

Do you know anyone at the dealer that can test the security system or ECU for you? Maybe you need to have another key programmed???

this C&C tune you speak of. do you (or anyone) happen to have one they can upload? I didnt see any tunes on the filedepot that appear to be of that nature.

The more i read, the more it looks like others have had strange problems from turning of the VATS on the factory application. When i get home im going to try enabling the VATS, but leave the other two skim switches turned off and see what that does.

Another thing that has occured to me is that the truck has a remote start. Im sure it has a key "emulator" placed in the steering column. IF that is the culprit, i wonder why it would suddenly give me grief now, 7 years after the fact....

Sounds like you are on the right path, but here are two stock C&C files. Either one should get you running. Remember to change the VIN to your actual VIN before flashing.

Good luck!

WITECH_2007 Dodge Cab & Chassis Manual 11520902.ctz
    TOBIN_6.7 CM2100 4980611 Stock C&C.ctz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast