Thread: Full flash only loses serial number

Default Full flash only loses serial number

I have a LB7 ecm service number 12210729 it has been licensed and im using a standalone harness to program. All my software and firmware up to date. The serial number keeps reverting back to a bunch of zero's when i do a full flash it assigns a unique serial but when i go back to do a partial flash its zeros again.

Does your harness have "ignition power" that you can turn off? are you waiting for the countdown?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Does your harness have "ignition power" that you can turn off? are you waiting for the countdown?

Yes i do and have flashed many others on the same harness

Have any of them been flashed with TIS as well? TIS is known to wipe the serial numbers etc on the 01 ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes it was flashed with TIS and after reading it does blow the vcm id out. Is there any way to repair this?? Whats wierd i have licensed it before and it doesnt ask to license it again with the zeroed out serial.

It can't be repaired I'm afraid, TIS corrupts it in some way that the ECM wipes a lot of data out. Under certain circumstances (such as these TIS corrupted ECM's) EFILive will accept the zeroed serial number as a valid license, unfortunately it's a common problem and we thought it was only fair to allow people to still flash the ECM in that condition. AFAIK, it is only a problem on the 01's, maybe the early 02's as well. And, you certainly will cause corruption if you flash a later model OS in to the early ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default i have an 02 that has kinda same problem can u help

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It can't be repaired I'm afraid, TIS corrupts it in some way that the ECM wipes a lot of data out. Under certain circumstances (such as these TIS corrupted ECM's) EFILive will accept the zeroed serial number as a valid license, unfortunately it's a common problem and we thought it was only fair to allow people to still flash the ECM in that condition. AFAIK, it is only a problem on the 01's, maybe the early 02's as well. And, you certainly will cause corruption if you flash a later model OS in to the early ECM.
    got efi live for my truck tried to read and said ecm was locked got a reman ecm and tried again this time it red it but would not do a fulldsp5 came back with bad SN and error code $0534serial number on the ecm looks like (~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~)

TIS corrupted as some stage as well I'm afraid, if it's in a locked state there isn't much EFILive can do.