Thread: 2003 Z06 corvette anti theft

Default 2003 Z06 corvette anti theft

Hello, I have a friend who has an 03 vette and wants the anti-theft turned off. I was able to disable the anti-theft and make the vehicle drivable again but I can-not figure out how to keep the instrument panel from Flashing "SERVICE COLUMN LOCK". I disabled the the anti-theft and the steering lock. The car was damaged in a crash and lost battery voltage for about a month and when it was repaired and put back together ( By Him ) the vehicle would start and run but when you tried to drive it the ECM killed the engine. Any help on how to get the "SERVICE COLUMN LOCK" off the instrument panel or another way to fix the anti-theft would be awesome. Thanks.

Default 2003 z06 corvette anti theft

If i have done this right, I have attached a stock file with the anti-theft turned off. This is the file I uploaded into the Vette ECM. If there is something different I need to do please let me know. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for so many questions about this deal but I haven't done much with anti-theft or even gas burners with EFI-Live software. I do mostly diesels and at my place of work we do carburetors and use Mclaren ecm's and software. Another thought I am curious about is could I upload a stock ecm file with the same operating system that is clean (no triggered theft codes etc....), and does anyone feel that might be a possibility. Thanks.

I'm not a Corvette person... is there an answer in these links...?

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=24
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ky-please.html

Joecar- Thanks for the info Yes we have tried these fixes before I bought an EFI license for this car and we were successful in getting the column to unlock although we couldn't get the ecm to allow us to drive the vehicle. The car would start idle and function normal until you would try to drive it, then the ecm would kill the fuel. I was able to disable the column lock function and the engine shut down function (using EFI-L), and the car drives and operates normal now, although in the driver information screen it continues to read "SERVICE COLUMN LOCK" its really not a big deal but it's annoying to have the screen always changing while driving. And it aggravates me simply because I want to be able to do it right and at the moment its just half right.

Thanks again for the information and your time!