Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12000 Rpm

After reboot without entering OS, Dyncylair_DMA does not show in BB. After entering OS Dyncylair is in BB, this is without reloading PID's. Till there is a fix I'm going to re-load my PID's after retrieving log files cuz everytime I load a log file in Scan the OS disappears. Hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reboot.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entOS.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	592  
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

Quote Originally Posted by purrvert
    After reboot without entering OS, Dyncylair_DMA does not show in BB. After entering OS Dyncylair is in BB, this is without reloading PID's. Till there is a fix I'm going to re-load my PID's after retrieving log files cuz everytime I load a log file in Scan the OS disappears. Hope that helps.
    So if you reprogram the pids into the BB then this doesn't happen...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    So if you reprogram the pids into the BB then this doesn't happen...?
    Just ran two logs, both were OK. Dyncylair is visible in BB regardless of OS showing or not after first opening Scan, after reboot, but if I close and reopen Scan, Dyncylair is not visible in BB until I load OS. So just to avoid the aggrevation of a useless log I'm going reload the PID's each time.
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

Also when I open a file that was saved from a BB log, the OS and trans. revert to NA and manual.
    When I open a BB log with the OS in place some of my items show N/A, mostly O2's and STFT's. My work around is to reload log file two more times. Once to clear OS and the second time everything loads as it should.
    My OS usually clears when I load a log file, my trans always comes up correctly as manual.

Crap. Ran a quick log this morning. Downloaded it several times, first time previewed and saved was corrupt and no Dyncylair. Then saved same log straight from BB and it was OK. Previewed again and saved after entering OS and everything was OK. Time for a breakfast beer.
    Last edited by purrvert; April 6th, 2006 at 08:30 AM.

So it seems safe if we do this...

a. reprogram the BB before logging (don't just clear it);
    b. make sure the OS is correct before retrieving/saving BB data.

Seems that the information is there, just depends on how its downloaded. Having better luck saving directly from BB.
    Blacky has been aware of the OS or MRU problem for a while but I guess they have been very busy. Kind of running down a steep hill till your legs are going so fast your body can barely keep up.

Any tips on getting rid of tip-in knock? I'd like to enrichen rather than pulling timing.

I find that I can avoid the strange values and/or missing pids if I follow both of these "rules":

1. before programming PID's to the BB, make sure that OS and Trans. are correct (scan tool warns you);
    2. before retrieving logged data from the BB, make sure OS and Trans. are correct;

(VIN, OS, Trans are displayed on the status line at the bottom of the scan tool window)

When opening a log file, the OS and Trans. are forgotten, so I have to re-enter those (File->Enter VIN);
    seems like it would be good if those could be remembered in the customer info or somewhere.

Edit: In my earlier post, disregard a. (do not need to do a.):
    Last edited by joecar; May 18th, 2006 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purrvert
    Any tips on getting rid of tip-in knock? I'd like to enrichen rather than pulling timing.
    Sorry just noticed this... maybe increase those cells in the VE table.

Sorry just noticed this... maybe increase those cells in the VE table.
    Have most of the knock taken care of. Using COS, fuel much easier to control. Some of my knock was caused by getting on throttle in too high a gear. Cam has a tad higher torque band than advertised.

Now I'm having grief with Torque DMA pids. I have torque management active at idle, spurious because it's not removing any timing and at best .04% throttle. Trying to keep Traction control active for daily driving, damn near lost it in the rain a few days ago. I have control of the active handling and traction on the console so I don't need to remove it. But I would like to negate some of the rest.
    Thanks Joecar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12