Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bricked The V2??

Default Bricked The V2??

Hey all, had a friend buy a new V2 from you guys directly and does not overly understand computers so he brought it to me to help get it going, I updated both V8 and V7.5 software, all went well, so I went to update the V2. It is now stuck in dead poll and the computer will not read it, I have tried to get it to take a older style firmware from both computers but it does not show any bootblock or firmware on it now. Is it bricked and needs to be sent to EFI?

bump this so the gurus can see this. Where does it need to go to be fixed? and How long will it take? We need it back sooner than later.

How did you update the V2 (what software)...?

If V2 is in dead-poll (alternately flashing the amber coloered LEDs) then it is waiting for the firmware to be flashed in (you have to flash in the firmware using EFILive Explorer).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    How did you update the V2 (what software)...?

If V2 is in dead-poll (alternately flashing the amber coloered LEDs) then it is waiting for the firmware to be flashed in (you have to flash in the firmware using EFILive Explorer).
    I tried using the explorer and now it doesn't even read the V2, I'm pretty sure it is no good now

I pm'd Tech Support.

What is your bootblock version...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I pm'd Tech Support.

What is your bootblock version...?
    It doesn't show a boot block now, it flashes dead poll and shows no bootblock or firmware

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If the two orange LEDs are flashing then it is not bricked. However, you can't use EFILive Explorer to reprogram a device that is in dead poll. EFILive Explorer requires some higher level functionality from the device which the device cannot provide if it is in dead poll.

When a device is in dead poll, you need to use the EFILive Control Panel to reprogram it. Select: Start->All Programs->EFILive=V8->EFILive Control Panel, then when the FlashScan icon appears in the system tray (in the Windows task bar near the clock), click on the FlashScan icon to display the control panel window and goto the [F6: Firmware] tab page. You shuold be able to update the firmware from there.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If the two orange LEDs are flashing then it is not bricked. However, you can't use EFILive Explorer to reprogram a device that is in dead poll. EFILive Explorer requires some higher level functionality from the device which the device cannot provide if it is in dead poll.

When a device is in dead poll, you need to use the EFILive Control Panel to reprogram it. Select: Start->All Programs->EFILive=V8->EFILive Control Panel, then when the FlashScan icon appears in the system tray (in the Windows task bar near the clock), click on the FlashScan icon to display the control panel window and goto the [F6: Firmware] tab page. You shuold be able to update the firmware from there.

Regards
    Paul
    Ok i will try that but it didn't work earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Regards
    Paul
    Well I have no idea why that didn't work last night but it appears it is all fine now thanks guys

I'm having a similar problem. I downloaded the new v7.5 & v8 software to my new laptop. I registered the v2. Then when I was upgrading the bootblock and firmware I got an error $0092 on the v2 screen. Now it doesn't communicate with the laptop, only lights up and say error $0092. I'm new to this, but I've tried everything I can think of or read about. It just will not read it. Can someone please send me in the right direction.

Thanks Brennen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast