Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CSP5 and EDA Release for 06-07 Cummins

Lifetime Member

Default CSP5 and EDA Release for 06-07 Cummins

EFILive is pleased to announce the public beta release of CSP5 and our Enhanced Data Acquisition (EDA) enhancement for 06-07 5.9L Cummins Customers.

CSP5, EFILive's custom operating system for the Cummins CM849 ECM allows customers to switch 'on the fly' between 6 different tunes, all stored in the ECM's flash memory. Five tunes are accessible through CAN bus switching, and a sixth tune can be switched using an input on one of the ECM's connectors.

By having multiple tunes instantly accessible, customers no longer need to re-flash their ECM to change their tunes to suit changing conditions (eg. racing, towing or power limiting). Simply build up your tunes, flash the ECM once and then select your desired tune through your EFILive hardware (or other approved switching devices) at any time.

Enhanced Data Acquisition (EDA), revolutionizes the way customers scan and log data. Exclusive to EFILive, EDA aims to simplify the task of logging by creating a single group of 45 parameters hand selected by tuners as essential tuning feedback items. Some EDA parameters are not even available on the Dealership scan-tool.

With logging speeds of up to 50 frames per second and each frame containing 45 data parameters, this enhancement is the envy of every other Cummins data logging system in existence, including earlier versions of our own software. EDA's speed and data selection is simply unparalleled, with most other scan-tools lucky to get just 15 (not so useful) SAE PID's at 12 frames per second.

A range of security measures have also been added; tunes are automatically locked from being read to stop unauthorised copying, and password protection is available for tune selections. Blackbox logging (BBL) for Cummins completes the updated features for this release.

To access these features, customers must be running July 18, 2013 (or later) V8 and V7.5 software, and update their FlashScan V2/AutoCal firmware.
    CSP5 upgrade documentation can be found in the July 18, 2013 (or later) installation by navigating to Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documentation and look for the document '
    Cummins 5p9L CSP5 User Guide.pdf'.

EDA scanning is only available on CSP5 upgraded ECM's using FlashScan V2 or AutoCal hardware.

In addition to switching via FlashScan V2 or AutoCal, integration of EFILive's proprietary CSP5 custom operating system with 3rd party products is restricted to approved providers. EFILive recommends that customers confirm that their chosen integration product is approved for use. A list of integrated partner products can be found here

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by GMPX; July 18th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

CSP5 and EDA FAQ:

As with any new product comes a common list of questions that will be asked, we have started this FAQ in the hope you may be able to find the answer you are looking for right away.
    If any questions are posted that should be included in this FAQ they will be removed and added in.

Q - What is CSP5?
    A - CSP5 is a modification EFILive has made to the ECM's factory OS (Operating System) that allows the selection of six user definable tunes on the fly.

Q - What is EDA?
    A - EDA (Enhanced Data Acquisition) is yet another OS enhancement EFILive has applied to the ECM code that gives users lightning fast super detailed data logging capabilities.

Q - What Dodge Cummins powered vehicles are supported?
    A - At the time of writing the 2006 to 2007 5.9L with the CM849 ECM. Future upgrades will include the 2008 - 2009 6.7L CM2100 ECM.

Q - Why 'only' six tunes, I'd like 10.
    A - The ECM has limited free space, 6 was the best compromise between a good selection of switchable tables and available free memory in the ECM.

Q - So how to I upgrade to this?
    A - Install the software versions (or later) listed in THIS post. And please follow the user guide included in that installation.

Q - Why is it called CSP5 when there is six tunes?
    A - Does it matter? no really, because only 5 are selectable via the CAN bus and it keeps in line with our Duramax DSP5 systems.

Q - Speaking of Duramax, CSP5 has some features DSP5 doesn't, can you make them the same.
    A - Sorry, we can't, different ECM's have different capabilities, the LBZ and LMM are probably the least friendly ECM's to put code modifications in to.

Q - I bought a switch from 'x' company but it doesn't seem to work, can you help?
    A - Any device that is intended for use on CSP5 must be approved by EFILive before we tell them how it's done. If the switch doesn't work then chances are it's not approved and we cannot help you out. See more HERE.

Q - I don't run EFILive tuning but love the EDA data logging, however my ECM isn't working with it.
    A - Correct it won't, EDA is only available on CSP5 ungraded ECM's.

Q - I have a switchable tune from another tuning company, can I put yours over theirs?

A - If you mean combine them then no, best to get a factory flash back to stock or you risk bricking the ECM.

Q - I can't read my CSP5 tune from the ECM.
    A - CSP5 tunes are automatically locked from reading, there is no bypass to this option.

Q - How do I remove CSP5 tuning if it's locked.
    A - The locking only applies to the read function, any programming tool can still flash over the ECM.

Last edited by GMPX; July 17th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Awesomeness!!!

Forgive my ignorance, as I am relatively new EFI.
    Where does the CSP5 switch plug into? Does it have an OBDII plug and remain plugged in there to allow switching between tunes?
    I ask because I am running EFI, buthave an Edge Juice that I use for gauges. The Edge must be plugged in in order to read a couple of the parameters. I have a feeling that I will only be able to use one or the other, and not both.
    2007 3500 Cummins 5.9

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

BBL with EDA is awesome. Soooo much better than hauling a laptop around everywhere. While developing a tune, you can make 5 different changes (one to each tune) and see how they react without having to flash 5 times. I have flashed the test truck at least 30 times in the last few days testing different configurations, and everything works great.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Loving this new feature, great work guys. I have one question though. I cant seem to find the timing calculator anywhere, is this feature not included in the new update?

Default Re: CSP5 and EDA Release for 06-07 Cummins

Timing calculator was missed for this release. It will be implemented in a future release.

thanks

Default CSP5 and EDA Release for 06-07 Cummins

I see the PTO option. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bcbracing View Post
    Loving this new feature, great work guys. I have one question though. I cant seem to find the timing calculator anywhere, is this feature not included in the new update?
    Until its added back, you can copy the required tables to another file, run the calc, them copy timing back. A little cumbersome, but better than no calc at all
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast