Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.7 Swapped into Ford - SKIM Issue

Quote Originally Posted by beav View Post
    I believe that it was post #58 or #59 that i used. Seems like they both worked, but I do not recall which one that I started with. if I had my laptop handy, I could tell you for sure.

If you are not running a tranny from the ECU, then a manual tune will work fine as long as you are going to modify the tune to some degree because it may not be tuned efficiently for an auto. I want to try running an 08 or 09 O/S for a LD Ram instead of the 07.5 because of the sooting and overheating issues they had in taht year. It is probably resolved with a tune mod, but if it is a problem derived from the O/S, then I would be concerned. As of yet, I am not having any soot build-up issues, but I may not have driven it enough yet.

Now, with that, i ultimately want to run my Allison from the ECU or at least better integrate true load and defueling between the two via Analog-to-CAN and CAN-to-CAN conversions. The latter, i am already researching and hope to develop a good solution.
    I will try that tune again and see if it will work this time after letting it sit for awhile. It's very possible that is just so happened that was my fifth time trying to start it and locked me out. Like everyone else I couldn't figure out why turning off the security wouldn't allow it to start. Which actually still makes me wonder because this ecm is a cab and chassis. It could be that the person that had it before had another tuner on it like in the other thread I suppose.
    You will have to keep me updated on how it goes controlling the allison. That sounds very interesting. Btw I would have pm'd you this question but couldn't figure out how to do a pm on here.
    Did you do the delete on your engine or do they still soot up even if you do the delete? And by the sounds of it nobody has gotten any LD modules to work because of the skim issue have they?

Quote Originally Posted by 406nick View Post
    I will try that tune again and see if it will work this time after letting it sit for awhile. It's very possible that is just so happened that was my fifth time trying to start it and locked me out. Like everyone else I couldn't figure out why turning off the security wouldn't allow it to start. Which actually still makes me wonder because this ecm is a cab and chassis. It could be that the person that had it before had another tuner on it like in the other thread I suppose.
    You will have to keep me updated on how it goes controlling the allison. That sounds very interesting. Btw I would have pm'd you this question but couldn't figure out how to do a pm on here.
    Did you do the delete on your engine or do they still soot up even if you do the delete? And by the sounds of it nobody has gotten any LD modules to work because of the skim issue have they?
    In short, the SKIM disable in EFILive just does not work. Maybe Blacky or someone could shed some light on that, but as far as I am concerned we have to rely on the "right" O/S that doesn't even use SKIM.

Removing the EGR stuff definitely helps to keep things clean up, but there was an issue on the early 07.5's that concern me enought to avoid them. First year designs always have their issues. Pretty sure they came out with an update for it anyways.
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

i am curious why you guys that are doing these conversions are not just using an 06/07 ecm instead in cases where you arent keeping the factory VGT?
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    i am curious why you guys that are doing these conversions are not just using an 06/07 ecm instead in cases where you arent keeping the factory VGT?
    I still have my VGT, but if/when I go compounds, I will consider it. However, I probably will stick with my 08 for a few reasons: (1) I do not have to rewire everything; (2) I have faith in the EFILive team that they will be able to provide more tunable features with the 6.7 ECU than the later 5.9 ECUs; (3) just don't see enough reasons/advantages to going backwards. But, maybe someone could enlighten me on some good reasons. I'm always learning something new.
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    I am also using the vgt turbo so I don't really have that option either. It definitely does make sense though if a person were getting rid of it. Are the 06 and 07's quite a bit easier to tune on? Do they still have skim issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 406nick View Post
    I am also using the vgt turbo so I don't really have that option either. It definitely does make sense though if a person were getting rid of it. Are the 06 and 07's quite a bit easier to tune on? Do they still have skim issues?
    i dont know about the skim/security issues in a conversion setting, but im pretty sure they arent so dependant on a VSS signal for fueling like the newer ecm. i have spoken to a couple guys that were doing a ford conversion and swapping to the older ecm was their plan since they had no intentions of keeping the VGT
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

I converted my 03 pulling truck to run Efilive using 06 ecm. Absolutely no swap issues and no fuelling issues. I dont even have a vss signal for the ecm to see. I would ditch the junk vgt but that's just me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12