Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! FLASH GONE BAD! Have i bricked my ECM?!

Default HELP!! FLASH GONE BAD! Have i bricked my ECM?!

Loaded a couple modified tunes on my truck one a day after work as i make the changes to the tune, every thing has gone great untill today. The third time i tried to flash the same tune with minor changes in it, the flash stopped about 4-5 mins in gave me "script exited with code $0548:flash check sum failed, please retry flash procedure". it also gave $0101 i cant remember when that popped up trying to read it i think. it was cycling to fuel pump when this happend and now through any attempt to turn the key on the dash lights are on and the fuel pump continues to cycle. now EFI wont even recognize the ecm! i pulled batt terminals pulled fuses no luck. Had a smarty so6 on prior and was returned to "stock".Can anyone help me??!! i have to work in the morning and the truck is dead in the water!!! this is my only vehicle here! Help@!@!@ Sorry if im not making sense im in panic mode trying to figure this out!
    Last edited by TravelinCummins; July 21st, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinCummins View Post
    Had a smarty so6 on prior and was returned to "stock".Can anyone help me??!!
    Unfortunately the ECM is probably now dead, can you please Email the file you flashed in to support at efilive.com

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Unreal... what options do i have now?
    Edit: i sent the file i was flashing at the time of the incident..

Missed the steps that lead to this situation...what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

GMPX, i dont think i can send pms, is there a way i can private message you?

Lifetime Member

You should email the file as requested above to support at EFILive.com.

No PM is necessary,

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have already sent the email to support@efilive.com. is this correct?

sorry for the rapid posts admins thought it was my computer not letting them through. just need some help as to what i need to do to get my rig up and runnin again. thanks

Lifetime Member

I haven't seen the file yet. To speed up the process, can you please email it directly to me cindy@efilive.com

Once you've done that, you may like to read this thread on Smarty issues. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/07...tant-info.html

Once I get your file, I'll get back to you within the hour (provided I'm still at work - it's currently 1pm Monday afternoon here).

Cheers
    Cindy

Update,
    I tried the stock tune from file depot about 4 times with no success. I stopped the flash with the quit button during the erasing in the dialog box.. i then tried flashing one more time with the same file and it worked! one thing to note it died the first attempt after about 3 seconds like the skim key issue. Thats all i know could have fixed the issue. maybe this could help someone else with the same problem? I should have brought it to dealer in the first place for a clean tune (which im going to do as soon as i can anyway).
    Should i wait and save the dealers flash and not use the files that i had previously loaded? i guess that would be a safe bet anyways.
    Thanks EFI Live contributors, it was probably my doing in the first place.. oofta lesson learned DONT mess with the cummins unless its done right!
    Thanks Cindy i sure appreciate the help, It appears ok now. that file should have gone through but if you still want it to save and look at later i can send it to you directly. its 10 pm here and i have to work at 6am tomorrow i can get it sent off if you would like im going to start fresh anyways. It may be important to note that mine would not respond to anything and gave me those errors from 2pm until now, and what ever i did free'd it up. so maybe its not really bricking unrecoverably. like i said i hope this can help someone else.
    Last edited by TravelinCummins; July 21st, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast