Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP!! FLASH GONE BAD! Have i bricked my ECM?!

Cindy I've tried to load numerous files with different bootloader versions and all give me the same error code. I am currently using the August 24 software versions. I've literally tried loading this ecm with numerous different files, a dozen times maybe more.
    If its possible to recover the ecm I'd be very happy. Currently the truck is running again but I'm over $500 into a used replacement ecm not counting the lost vin license.
    Lee

Reiff Diesel

this happened to me also but i'm 90% sure its caused by my PC. (usb communication issue). i was able to recover the ecm. in future i'm going to put files on flash card and reflash that way. windows tries to go do something else during the flash and blam its over with.
    this is my thery. had i happenen doing some gm's before using totally different system also.
    thats why i think it's a windows thing.

I use windows XP on an EFI-Live tuning designated laptop. My laptop is not the issue, it has been and is currently a very stable machine.

If there's a way to recover this CM2100 ecm please tell me how.
    Lee

Reiff Diesel

Lifetime Member

Default HELP!! FLASH GONE BAD! Have i bricked my ECM?!

Lee, I've asked Paul to take a look at this thread.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
    I have a bricked ecm due to bootloader version 1000601. EFI-Live software will update a bootloader version.
    Always check your cummins tunes to be sure they do not contain the dreaded bootloader version 1000601.
    Let this be a warning to others!
    Something worth noting here, the 601 bootblock is a problem, however, for a while now EFILive checks if the ECM has that bootblock installed and aborts the flash even before licensing if it does. Therefore doing nothing more than wasting some of your time, a license is not used only to find out the ECM can't be flashed with a modified tune. Also, because the flash process has not begun the ECM will just continue on as though nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
    If there's a way to recover this CM2100 ecm please tell me how.
    Yes very likely I would say, if you are only getting $0548 errors then the ECM is alive and well.
    Do you have access to a bench harness?

I also just fitted a new hard disk to my laptop, it now has a 100% fresh install of the Aug 24 release, I have been able to reflash my 6.7L ECM without any issues at all.
    Last edited by GMPX; September 11th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123