Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 Flashscan V2 Unresponsive

Default Windows 8 Flashscan V2 Unresponsive

Hello,

Helping a friend install everything and flash a tune in. Right now the EFILive control panel says FlashScan is unresponsive and I'm unable to update the firmware or bootblock with this.

When launching the V8 software it tells me the Flashscan is unresponsive via the popup bubble from the taskbar. I've tried both driver version via the downloads on the website with no luck.

Any other options?
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

This is with the V8 software

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efilive error.PNG 
Views:	296 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	15590

Control panel:

Name:	cp.PNG 
Views:	313 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	15591
    All software is up to date..
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Now, on the EFI Control Panel, it actually showed connected for a moment, took the boot block update and now proceed to restart after the Firmware update was finished, once it restarted it was like nothing ever happen.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Lifetime Member

Nice to hear you got it sorted out with Windows 8. Just got a new Notebook recently myself. Got rid of Windows 8, and loaded Windows 7 Professional instead.

Looks like we have bigger problems. Everything shows green, arrows, etc for the USB Connections, we downloaded the stock tune with no problem. Now, went to Full Flash the DSP5 setup and it stopped mid way. With No Data Received. Try to Flash it again and we have this.

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	299 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	15592

Truck will not start.. :(

Removed EFILive and reinstalled and same problem.

Truck is a 2008 Duramax LMM

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Lifetime Member

Have never tuned a diesel ... no idea how their controllers work.

Here is a PDF of V2 and AutoCal error codes ... not sure if it will be of any help.

Thank you, yes the error: Conditions Not Correct or Request Sequence Error ($22) is what we are getting.

I'm having him unplug the batterys tonight and I'm driving up in the morning with my PC and see what happens. I flashed a friends LMM a couple of months ago with no issues so I know my software is ok..

Anyone else have ideas? I'm not coming up with much on a search.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Lifetime Member

Believe there was also a $0322 error on the screen shot ... looking that up, I believe indicated to try again, and contact support if persistent.

So after a fresh start today. Here are my steps..

1. Uninstalled V7 & V8. Rebooted PC and reinstalled .
    2. Successfully Full Flashed the stock tune after the truck was in a no start condition. Truck starts with the stock tune, back at square one.
    3. Loaded the Modified file sent from tuner in V8, it goes 2:52 minutes into it and has the error as the screenshot in post # 5. Truck will not start again..
    **I also created a modified file from his stock with DPF off thinking it was a bad file but it also would not take**
    4. I put the ECM on a bench harness and FINALLY got the stock tune to flash in. I did try to flash the Modified tune on the bench but it still would not take.
    5. I tried every combination possible with the V2 and even used my PC to try and flash with no luck. I then went to do BBX flashing and I get a communication error (I'll post screenshots later) with the V2 and my pc and my friends PC when trying to update the BBX settings.

After all of these steps failed I bought a license for my V2 and and proceeded the flash the tune fine with his PC, I even done BBX Flashing with my V2 on his truck to rule out everything.

Now I've come to the conclusion that the V2 (new blue one, bought from SoCal diesel) is not functioning 100%, each time I tried to FLASH a tune it fails, or each time I go to update via the BBX settings it has communication errors and fails..

Now I've had to waste a license on my V2 because of the busted one. I'm running the 100% latest version of EFILive on my PC (Windows 7) and my friends (Windows 8). Firmware and Bootblock is also up to date on both V2's.

Truck is running great now after flashing with my V2 and the file the tuner sent that would not load with Windows 7 & 8 via the blue V2.
    Last edited by 8100 Power; July 25th, 2013 at 06:27 AM.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8100 Power View Post
    each time I tried to FLASH a tune it fails, or each time I go to update via the BBX settings it has communication errors and fails..
    That should not happen.

Can you try updating the BBX settings again and after the error occurs, open the EFILive Control Panel (by clicking on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray near the clock on the Windows Task Bar).
    Then select the [F8: Trace] tab page and click on [Save Trace]. Then send that trace file to me (at paul@efilive.com).
    Include a link to this thread so I know what the file is for.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast