Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2002 lb7 dlc connector

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2002 lb7 dlc connector

just wondering if anyone could give me a little help,,,i m building a stand alone harness for a 67 chevy truck that im putting a dmax and zf 6 speed - np205 into,,,my question is how to wire up a dlc to the ecm,,, what pinout would i use on the ecm,,, also i have a 2004 ecm from a allison truck ,,,can i change the ecm over to a standard setup with efi or do i have to get a ecm from a zf truck??? thanks in advance

Theres 2 grounds, one 12V+ constant hot wire, and one wire for the databus to the ECM. And you can flash a ZF6 manual trans file into the 04 ECM and it will work fine.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Theres 2 grounds, one 12V+ constant hot wire, and one wire for the databus to the ECM. And you can flash a ZF6 manual trans file into the 04 ECM and it will work fine.
    ok i have a stupid question,, what is the databus?? iv been piecing this thig together out of parts and am not sure i have one ,,

Quote Originally Posted by 6772king View Post
    ok i have a stupid question,, what is the databus?? iv been piecing this thig together out of parts and am not sure i have one ,,
    The databus is the wiring for the J1850 coms in the vehicle. It is the com wire that each module on the databus uses to talk to each other and is tied together.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

ok im still stumped ,,, i think the wires u are talking about are the c1 pinout 9 and 10 which is the can serial data... the problem im having is i dont see where they go to the dlc,, i relize about the 2 grounds 1 constant hot and one serial data,,, i just caint figure wich one to get the serial data from??im thinking 58 or 59 on the c1?? thanks for the replies so far thefermanator

The CAN wires go the FICM and TCM(for autos), the serial databus wire is the one that goes to the DLC connector. It is pin 58 of the C1 blue connector and it goes to pin 2 of the OBD2 plug. Pins 4 and 5 are both grounds, and pin 16 battery positive voltage. If you look at your OBD2 plug it will be numbered to tell you which one is which. If not the upper left is 1 to 8 going from left to right, and 9-16 for the bottom row from left to right(the wider portion of the plug is the top).

ok i did all that and i can pull up codes and delete them but i cant connect to efi dashboard ,, it says"not conected turn on power"

im running a 04 ecm and a 15189044 os i disabled the vats and it read the program and flashed it ok( at least i think) the harness, and motor, and ficm are from a 02. When i built the harness it was built to 02 specs from a 04 harness

Try flashing in a 6006 ECM OS and see if that corrects it. The 04 ECM OS may be looking for unavailable PIDS and not loading. There is a few differences between the 02 and 04 wiring. Worst case scenario is you can flash back easily(just don't go to an 01 OS and then flash back).

ok ,,,where do i find different os's?? i only got my efi a week ago and am still very green LOL!! thanks

Diesel place and duramax diesels both have it in there tune librarys. tunefiledepot also has a copy of it. You want the one where the last 4 numbers are 6006 for an 02 truck. http://www.tunefiledepot.com/index.p...Type=D&Stock=Y

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast