Thread: Flashscan error- Can not erase flash memory

Default Flashscan error- Can not erase flash memory

I just pulled the file out of my LS1b PCM and made some initial changes to run a new project for the first time. When I went to load the changed file back into the PCM, it came up with an error of,

"FlashScan cannot erase the PCM's flash memory prior to reflashing. Reason: Please correct the problem then retry the operation."

I tried to do a full reflash then and it's still pissed off enough to where the PCM is in an unknown state. Does anybody have an idea of how to resolve this? I've done quite a few of these without this issue happening. Even worse it's on my own project....LOL

What V2 firmware version do you have in your V2...?

What V7/V8 software build versions...?

How are you flashing into the PCM (V7 or V8)...?

In the past we've seen that error come up when the PCM does not have all power connections, eg, IGN not on all the way, on conversions some IGN inputs missing.
    Don't ever try full flashing if you are having problems doing just a cal flash, you risk bricking the PCM on a Full flash.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

If I remember right since I do not have my laptop with me I'm using 7.5.7 build 180?. I did not want to do the update yet because there really should be no need to to this early PCM. I'll have to check the power sources just to make sure I did not miss anything. I do know that I do have battery voltage at the fuses and relays. I'll check at the connectors on Monday and report back.

Well.....Missing voltage was my issue. I was going by the info on lt1swap.com's website and they noted that pin 19 on the blue connector did not needignition voltage. I hooked one up and the file went right in so fortunately I did not brick my PCM because of this. Thanks for the help guys.