Thread: FlashScan devices reporting Error $0101 "No Data received"

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default FlashScan devices reporting Error $0101 "No Data received"

Some customers have reported FlashScan devices that are showing "No Data Received" errors when attempting to flash a controller or to reprogram FlashScan's firmware.
    We have reproduced the problem here at EFILive on a set of test devices. We are still working to try and discover the cause of the fault. As soon as we do we will post an update in this thread.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Some customers have reported FlashScan devices that are showing "No Data Received" errors when attempting to flash a controller or to reprogram FlashScan's firmware.
    We have reproduced the problem here at EFILive on a set of test devices. We are still working to try and discover the cause of the fault. As soon as we do we will post an update in this thread.

Regards
    Paul
    I can add to this post as of right now. I have received many of the errors posted in the last few weeks with regard to windows 8 laptops and updating firmware and the bootblock. I have recieved them all. Took me maybe 6 tries to get the flash scan to fully take the firmware without freezing up. I can tell you this all the software runs perfect long as the v2 is not hooked up. Soon as you hook it up things act wierd and start to freeze or become unresponsive. At this moment things seem to work fine and I will see how scanning and logging goes with a LS1B ECM. Hope you get this resolved soon. EFI Live is the best.
    2000 Camaro m6 Full Bolt ons in need of a H/C/I

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Yesterday we managed to identify the cause of the two issues that have been reported over the past few months. The first issue was the $0101 error that interrupts FlashScan firmware programming and reading/flashing controllers. Plus we've finally identified the cause of the V7 software hanging when V2 is connected. Patches for both issues have been developed and are being tested right now. We plan to release an update that provides solutions to both of these problems early next week.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Yesterday we managed to identify the cause of the two issues that have been reported over the past few months. The first issue was the $0101 error that interrupts FlashScan firmware programming and reading/flashing controllers. Plus we've finally identified the cause of the V7 software hanging when V2 is connected. Patches for both issues have been developed and are being tested right now. We plan to release an update that provides solutions to both of these problems early next week.

Regards
    Paul
    hi i purchased EFI live flash scan v2 from oz track tuning australia i am getting this error $0101 i currently have my car not starting or able read or tune the ECU E39 model due to it didnt flash all the way first time

i need this patch emailed to me ASAP please scootersonlyaus@gmail.com

Download and install the Software and Firmware from this thread.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew