Thread: EFI Live + Tractors???

Default EFI Live + Tractors???

I've been tuning Duramaxes with EFI Live now for a few months and I have to say its an amazing product for both tuning and diagnostics. I happened to have a newer Case IH Quadtrac 450 in the shop and couldn't help but notice the Bosch ECU on the side of the engine. It got me thinking that with the right bench harness (these tractors all have manufacture specific data ports) they could be read and tuned with EFI Live. Anyone attempted this yet or had any success? Attached is a picture of the ECU tag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	659.0 KB 
ID:	15630  

Typically manufacturers like Bosch design a series of ECM's that they then tailor for each manufacturer.
    For example, the EDC16 series ECM's as used on the LBZ & LMM are also used in many European Diesel cars, however, they are not all the same and have different software running them even though the 'core' of the hardware is similar.
    I think you will find the ECM you have there will be in the same category, it might be closely related to a Duramax ECM but with CASE specific mods ultimately making it totally different.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I figured the software would be different, but if I found the correct pins on the ECU would EFI Live be able to read a copy of the stock file?

Probably not, the CAN communication between manufacturers can also vary greatly, EFILive would only be able to try as a GM or Cummins, just like it would not work on a FORD Diesel either.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default EFI Live + Tractors???

So you want a read? :-).... Lets get started! Haha
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/