Thread: Can you stack a edge with attitude on an efi live tune.

Default Can you stack a edge with attitude on an efi live tune.

Just what the title says. Did a filter and egr delete on an 07 6.7 and used an efi live tune. Vehicle already has an edge with attitude on it. Wondering if i can still use the power settings in the edge. Thanks

Lifetime Member

No, you need to remove any programmer/handheld from your ECM then flash a fresh, bone stock file into the ECM. Use this file as your base to build the tune off of.

If you try to "stack" it, you'll end up with a lot of issues. The entire point of using EFILive is that you DONT stack anything, you actually reprogram it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I have been tuning with efi live on Gm's for a while now, just got into doing cummins. The edge that is in there is an older one that is not flash based. I used the EFi live when i did the filter and egr delete because edge does not have that capability. I unplugged the edge from the harness, did the read and the flash. My customer likes having the adjustability of the edge for towing and playing. So i'm not trying to "stack" them for max power, just use them together.

if you set up your EFILive tune just for deletes and don't add any power with that then use your edge for power it seems logical that it would be as functional and safe AS AND EDGE WOULD BE OTHERWISE!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    if you set up your EFILive tune just for deletes and don't add any power with that then use your edge for power it seems logical that it would be as functional and safe AS AND EDGE WOULD BE OTHERWISE!
    Thats all you can really do, especially with it being a non-flash based one. Means it tricks the ECM by manipulating the sensor signals, if you tune the truck then you'll have issues.

Or have him wait until CSP5 comes out and have him switch it with one of the aftermarket available devices.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

i have done this on gm it works well (as an edge can work)
    can be done with flash units to - atleast on gasses
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks