Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surging Idle while Coasting

Ok, any recommended values to enter in that table? Do you put values just slightly off stoich so stft are disabled, yet you aren't commanding a right value.

Yes, choose either EQR 0.98 or EQR 1.02

( you will see those commanded )

I've got a question about this method of working with table B3647. If you set the low to mid kPa cells to something like 0.98 (mine is set to lambda, btw) and do the calibration of the VE table with these values, when you go back to setting those cells to 1.00, does that throw the STFTs off kilter? Is this enough to matter, or simply one of those inconsequential differences things?

Would it be better to set those cells to something like 0.999 instead to be as close to 1.00 as possible without triggering the STFTs into operation?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I've got a question about this method of working with table B3647. If you set the low to mid kPa cells to something like 0.98 (mine is set to lambda, btw) and do the calibration of the VE table with these values, when you go back to setting those cells to 1.00, does that throw the STFTs off kilter? Is this enough to matter, or simply one of those inconsequential differences things?

Would it be better to set those cells to something like 0.999 instead to be as close to 1.00 as possible without triggering the STFTs into operation?
    I was also wondering this, but figured it would be only 2% off and that if my trims were only 2% off I'd be extremely happy!

BTW, I finally figured out what was causing the engine to surge. It was the throttle cracker B4309. In the idle tuning tutorial it says to add air the entire row at 400 rpms. Once i zero'd out row 400 it cleared up the surging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

No... you will see STFT oscillation get smaller and tighter... you will see your wideband do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gpr View Post
    I was also wondering this, but figured it would be only 2% off and that if my trims were only 2% off I'd be extremely happy!

BTW, I finally figured out what was causing the engine to surge. It was the throttle cracker B4309. In the idle tuning tutorial it says to add air the entire row at 400 rpms. Once i zero'd out row 400 it cleared up the surging.
    You have to remember that whatever EQR you're commanding, the BEN factor takes this into account...

BEN = COMMANDED EQIVRATIO * WIDEBAND LAMBDA

( remembering that wideband lambda = 1 / wideband EQR )

B4309 TC... ok thanks for posting that.

I wanted to revisit this. I got the car back up and running and was doing more tuning on it. I have table B3647 setup as follows, however when logging commanded AFR or EQ it is commanding 9.71 (i'm running e85) or 1.00 EQ. Why is this?

I know when I first changed this table it showed in the logs a different commanded value, but for some reason it is now commanding a stoich value again... Any idea's? (I'm wondering if I have changed something else along the way that would affect it?) I have STFT disabled at idle, but am wondering if they are really disabled if on the logs it isn't commanding the correct value?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	449.8 KB 
ID:	15853  

E85 stoich has stoich AFR 9.7 which corresponds to EQR 1.00, which also corresponds to Lambda 1.00 (lambda = 1/EQR).

i.e. EQR 1.00 is stoichiometric (the AFR depends on the fuel).

Avoid logging AFR, and log EQR and/or Lambda instead.

I should have been more clear. Earlier in this thread we were talking about changing table B3647 so that the values aren't at 1.0 EQR, this way STFT are disabled. The attachment in my last post shows the B3647 table with values of 1.02 EQR, yet in the logs it is commanding a 1.0. Attached is a screen shot showing the commanded EQR.

When logging the EQR and AFR commanded should not be at stoich since in B3647 I am commanding a value slightly off stoich (to disable STFT), so why am i seeing the discrepancy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	15854  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast