Thread: 2012 Camaro V6 help

Default 2012 Camaro V6 help

ive mostly done e38s and ls1s.. but lately i was asked to do a v6 camaro so i accepted the challenge. im having 2 problems 1 is that the tb takes its sweet time to open up and when it does it only goes up to 83percent. i dk if thats normal or not also its got some crazy tables ive never seen so my questions is what do i move and what do i not? ill load the tune stock with a stock log and a baseline tune with a log. but i know theres alot more left it in. my battery ran out so i only was able to make a first tune... theres knock like crazy and altho ive read about this my question is how to i get rid of it? is it false knock? last thing transmission wont let me make changes i get this :

This version of the EFILive Tuning Tool has not been
    configured to display this PCM's operating system.
    it has os24264142

i emailed efi live already but waiting on a reply anyone can help?

ChrisBernalv6Camaro.ctzChrisBernalv6Camaro_baseline.ctzlogstock.efilog1.efi

Throttle appears to have a mind of it's own on these, but, take note of the MAP reading, is it at 100kPa? If so then it won't open the throttle any more than is needed.
    All those new V6's knock like mad, there is a discussion on within the E39 section about it, please search.
    See HERE re the TCM tune.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

thanks for your help GMPX im about what u recommended in a bit ill report back soon.. as far as the 100kpa ill take a look ... wish there was more tutorials on these v6 camaros ..... been all over the net looking for what to move and what not to move and theres not much info..

log5.efi im back transmission shifting beautiful.. now im having some issues with PE i feel like it doesn't go into PE till about 80.. i didn't make big changes just the usual to keep cam phasing from messing with my timing adjusted fuel spark tables left them alone to c where they are at but now im stuck.. can anyone look at my log and let me know what they think...and yes there's some knock but i cant hear it and i still havent desensitized the kr tables..
    Last edited by 05gmcsierra; March 20th, 2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added more info..

Re the timing, have a read through the thread below.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....1-vs-98-Octane
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

DONT MODIFY the tq response tables, it makes them not go into pe or go into and back out of pe. The throttle will not open immediately on these either in first gear. I got you text Alex but Ive been swamped and forgot to get back to you. I built a tt v6 and had a helluva time getting it to work good, and it still wont open the throttle instantly in first gear.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    DONT MODIFY the tq response tables, it makes them not go into pe or go into and back out of pe. The throttle will not open immediately on these either in first gear. I got you text Alex but Ive been swamped and forgot to get back to you. I built a tt v6 and had a helluva time getting it to work good, and it still wont open the throttle instantly in first gear.
    This is incorrect. The Torque response tables can and should be modded if the vehicles torque output has been changed but there are % of torque and load values that must change at the same time. The throttle opening is still an issue we are working through but may be in the slave and not ECM

Paul Meister
    EFI Calibrator/Managing Member, Torq Speedlab, LLC
    Specializing in late model Ford, GM and Dodge EFI Calibrations
    SCT, EFI Live, HP Tuners, FAST, BS3 and much much more

I have found this to be true Paul, I was green on the E39 when I posted this. I have spent ALOT of time with a twin turbo v6 sidi Camaro that has been eating my lunch. I believe I have it square except for the throttle opening issue. Can you explain more about the Issue?
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102