Thread: Flashing after H&S

Default Flashing after H&S

I am looking at a truck for a friend. The truck is an 09 Chassis cab with a Duramax deleted. The truck is not fueling well under 2700rpms. I will most likely be retuning this thing with EFI Live. Now for my two part question, is it best to have the thing re-flashed with a Tech-2 and start from scratch. On the fueling issue do you guys know of a sensor that can keep it from fueling down low, it acts like it is a limiter problem. I have logged the truck multiple times and have noticed the truck will only run about 50% load from 1k to about 2700rpms then it will hit 100% load. I have checked desired rail verse actual and it follows right along. One strange thing I did notice is that it is logging 0% torque, I figured that my be do to the H&S programming.

Thnx

Sam
    Last edited by 30 RUM; July 20th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

yes, it is best to start tuning from the base/factory tune. some caned tuners have bad perimeters in them and you dont want any of that getting carried over to your new tune.

for your "limiter" issue, check/clean the MAF sensor.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

That was pretty much the answer I was expecting. I think that is the next step with this truck, it kinda got thrown in my lap to figure out. The truck does have a new mass air sensor in it and I have logged it and it is showing up to 50lbs on the top end. It is definitely a strange truck to drive, it has absolutely no low end power. I have more experience with Cummins tuning, but all in all something is not adding up with this thing. I'm thinking a Tec-2 Re-flash and then a stock delete tune is the next step with some logging to see if everything is happy.

Thnx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-MAX LOG.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	15569Just go done cross referencing MAF lbs/min verse Mafreq2.hz it is off when comparing to the tune. In the log 49.34 lbs/min is equal to 8237 hz, in the tune 51.51lbs is equal to 75.76 hz. The truck has a new MAF sensor on it, I have not reprogrammed with the TEC-2 yet. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this?

Thnx
    Last edited by 30 RUM; July 21st, 2013 at 04:25 AM.

i would return the truck to stock programming first then log that and see if you are still having this problem.

do you know what it was programmed with before?
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

The truck was programmed with H&S. Well just got done returning the truck to stock, then put a new program in with a Tec-2. I read the program out with the V2 did my adjustments for emissions, reprogrammed with full flash and still having the same problems. This time I have a P0101 Mass Air code. So I am suspect to the new Mass Air meter that was installed. Also I still do not see any Torque in the Data Log. It that normal with the LMM? Like I stated before I do not have to much experience with the D-Max but I have a handle on the Cummins side.

Thnx