Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

Default Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

Hey guys,
    I know there are some threads on this from a while back but they are kind of dilluted with various questions, so.....

I've got a guy with a 6.7 Cummins, has a Smarty now but wants EFILive.... from what I read you can flash safely if you use a "pure"
    stock file from a truck or one found online to create the tune, then flash it in?

I know you can't use the Smarty "stock" file for sure...

Thanks!
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

You can use a stock file from TuneFileDepot.com and flash that in and then use it as your base file. Either that or get the dealer to flash it. But if all of the emissions garbage has fallen off of it, I'd just use the tunefiledepot file and go from there.

It was one of the Smarty 'returned to stock' files that bricked a few ECM's a while back. I wouldn't go near it, so see if you can get a matching stock tune, or, tell the guy to visit the dealer and get them to flash in the latest and greatest program from Dodge.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I've tried that with a tune from tunefiledepot. Truck starts then dies. Just got my EFI v2 today. ECM had Smarty on it previously. Read the "stock" file fine. Just to get the OS and calibration numbers. Went to tunefiledepot and downloaded their 6.7 files. Found one that was pretty close. Both OS's are 11620807. The original calibration is 62351430AZ. The one I tried was 62350435AZ. Truck started then died. So I try one of the other files (different OS and calib) from tunefiledepot with the same results. Sarted then died. So I figured the original file came out ok it should go back ok. Flash it and the truck started and stayed running. The b9999 says "Incomplete, DoNotFlash". But it went back on and worked ok. So what's the deal with the other files starting and dieing?
    Truck is a 2008 Ford F350 with an '08 6.7 Cummins CC and an Allison 1000 5spd. No emissions stuff. Grid delete with Shibby inline. ATS exhaust manifold and 5" w/Aeroturbine. S400/64 turbo. ARP studs.

Quote Originally Posted by WetMtnCrd View Post
    I've tried that with a tune from tunefiledepot. Truck starts then dies. Just got my EFI v2 today. ECM had Smarty on it previously. Read the "stock" file fine. Just to get the OS and calibration numbers. Went to tunefiledepot and downloaded their 6.7 files. Found one that was pretty close. Both OS's are 11620807. The original calibration is 62351430AZ. The one I tried was 62350435AZ. Truck started then died. So I try one of the other files (different OS and calib) from tunefiledepot with the same results. Sarted then died. So I figured the original file came out ok it should go back ok. Flash it and the truck started and stayed running. The b9999 says "Incomplete, DoNotFlash". But it went back on and worked ok. So what's the deal with the other files starting and dieing?
    Truck is a 2008 Ford F350 with an '08 6.7 Cummins CC and an Allison 1000 5spd. No emissions stuff. Grid delete with Shibby inline. ATS exhaust manifold and 5" w/Aeroturbine. S400/64 turbo. ARP studs.
    If you use any file other than the one you pulled from the ECM originally, you'll have to manually enter the vin# of the original tune into the new tune that you're attempting to use. Then it should work fine for you.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

^^This. And use the tunefiledepot file as your base to tune from. That "Incomplete DoNotFlash" is telling you something. Check to make sure that the "Anti-Theft" is enabled also.

I did the VIN change before I flashed it. Didn't work. I did not check the Anti-Theft though. Should it be enabled or disabled?

It's enabled on all both the files I tried and on the original one.

When I change the VIN I did in V7.5 tune. I just entered it in the VIN box. Is there another way I should have done this?

I tried the routine again today with no results. I changed the tunefiledepot file's VIN (entered it in the vin box) using V7.5 Tune and saved it. Flashed it--no good. Truck starts then dies. Flashed the tuenfiledepot unmodified file and used v7.5 scan on the "bidirectional" tab to change the vin--still no good. Starts then dies. Read the file back and it showed the vin change. So it appears to have accepted the change. But the truck still won't stay running. The Anti-Theft is enabled on the files. So what next? Are there any other stock oem files availble anywhere? Perhaps I've made a $1300 mistake in buying EFI Live thinking it might work on this truck/engine/tranmission combination. Can't read the Allison TCM either. Oh well. Ya never know til ya try.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast