Thread: LBZ ZF6 stock tune

Default LBZ ZF6 stock tune

My truck is a 2006 Duramax that was originally a 2wd automatic and I have converted it to manual transmission 4x4. I believe my ECM OS is 12606126. I found a tune that said stock LBZ 2006 Manual transmission OS 12606128. Can I flash this tune onto my ECM or do I have to modify my stock tune to match the specs of the manual trans tune?

if you PM me your email I believe I have a 2006 Manual File
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Hey, Thanks for the offer. I ended up flashing the manual trans tune that I found onto my ECM and it worked. I did notice that the manual transmission tune is a lot smoother and does not jump up in power at 2000 RPM. My plan was to copy tables from an automatic trans LBZ tune to make a 360HP Manual trans tune but I am assuming that I will get the power jump at 2000 RPM again.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    if you PM me your email I believe I have a 2006 Manual File
    I'm new to all the EFI stuff... I got an 06 LLY with a ZF6 and I need some tunes! I downloaded and installed the LBZ tune already onto the ECM but was wondering if I need to do anything else? Thanks for any help.

driller85, did you notice any difference with that tune that you loaded? I got my stock 2006 ZF6 tune from the tune library at diesel place and it was labeled "LBZ" but I think it is just a stock 2006 LLY 310HP tune. There is no such thing a stock LBZ ZF6 360HP tune. If you want I can send you the tune that I am running now. There hasn't been much done to it. I've just been working at building a stock optimized tune for now.

When I put the EFI live on, I also put the AFE bladerunner turbo inlet on and a K&N full intake on with it... Sitting at a red light I wound up looking the other way with white smoke all around me after I finally let off the pedal... The LBZ tune in my opinion added alot more power than the LLY tune but I don't know how much with the added options too... Before I tuned it, I could barely get the truck to break traction. I'm not saying its easy to spin em over now, but with alot less difficulty. I am still looking for some more tunes though. I'd like to be pushing at least 550 horses out of it but SAFE! Plus I bought the sinister diesel EGR delete for the LLY but it won't fit the damn EGR cooler. The directions say its for the 04.5 to the 05 LLY and do not offer one for the 06 LLY. I wonder if the LBZ model would work... Hell it came with PCV re route and custom billet blocker plates.