Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LS1 manual to auto reflash and basic tune to get me going!

Use either one of these to drive the 4L80E TCC PWM signal:
    - use 4L60E TCC ON/OFF signal directly,
    - use 4L60E TCC ON/OFF signal to gate a relay which passes the 4L60E TCC PWM signal to the 4L80E TCC PWM solenoid;

the first one is simpler and give a quick TCC lockup that you can feel.

see posts #12 and #16 here: 4L80E-Reference-Material

Joe,
    Isn't that what I achieved by doing the wire swap from c2 to c42?
    If I go back to the start and do it the way you describe, do I need to still swap the wires at the trans conn? I have 3 ways printed out to do this, all a lil bit different and a lil vague for beginners.
    Cheers
    Karl

first run with fault.efifirst run with fault.efiRighto, update. The tranny is doing everything it need to. All the diagrams I had didn't have the brake circuit on them!lol
    Cheers joecar for your patience. Im sure you must get the shits with noobs like me, but im learning! Ill have to do some tuning on the shoft points they are soft and am actually too scared to let it do a wide open shift as it takes a while.
    I still have a intermittent fault which causes the car to run rough, more throttle and it cleans up but its weird, you can leave the throttle alone at a steady 80k and all of a sudden it cleans up and it runs almost normal. I haven't got the purge setup yet, but its still throwing the o2 codes. Both high and low voltage. Maybe one of my brand new bosch sensors have failed? The fuel trims are showing a - on that bank that plays up and around 23 on the other. I data logged a bit of the run , ill see if I can post it

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPPA View Post
    Joe,
    Isn't that what I achieved by doing the wire swap from c2 to c42?
    If I go back to the start and do it the way you describe, do I need to still swap the wires at the trans conn? I have 3 ways printed out to do this, all a lil bit different and a lil vague for beginners.
    Cheers
    Karl
    Hi Karl,

I had to find and look at a wiring diagram:
    PCM pin C2:2 drives TCC PWM
    PCM pin C2:42 drives TCC ON/OFF

so yes, correct, you would move the wire/terminal at C2:2 to C2:42 in the PCM connector as you have done

( typically the wire swap is done at the trans connector... but doing it at the PCM connector is fine )

You would swap the wires at one connector only not both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4L60E.gif 
Views:	196 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	16005

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPPA View Post
    first run with fault.efifirst run with fault.efiRighto, update. The tranny is doing everything it need to. All the diagrams I had didn't have the brake circuit on them!lol
    Cheers joecar for your patience. Im sure you must get the shits with noobs like me, but im learning! Ill have to do some tuning on the shoft points they are soft and am actually too scared to let it do a wide open shift as it takes a while.
    I still have a intermittent fault which causes the car to run rough, more throttle and it cleans up but its weird, you can leave the throttle alone at a steady 80k and all of a sudden it cleans up and it runs almost normal. I haven't got the purge setup yet, but its still throwing the o2 codes. Both high and low voltage. Maybe one of my brand new bosch sensors have failed? The fuel trims are showing a - on that bank that plays up and around 23 on the other. I data logged a bit of the run , ill see if I can post it
    I'll look at your log later today...

hmmm, sounds like a wiring problem.

When it does clean up. it will run normally until the car is shutoff. When it does the stft read the same for both banks as does the injector pulses, I think it going into closed loop? or open? as a failsafe, the car will run fine but ping a lil under load. Ill take it for a run this arvo as im trying to firm up the shifts and take another log when it runs well(sortof)
    Just watched the whole log, at 98 frames the stft stop doing anything, is this running in another mode then?
    Cheers
    Karl
    Last edited by ZAPPA; October 20th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234