Thread: Need Help Badly

Default Need Help Badly

Morning Guys,
    so I have a 01 S10 w 4.3 VIN has W in it. comes with EGR, I have to replace my motor due cracked block, so I bought a 02 stock motor VIN has a W in it too, however the 02 motor does not have EGR. what should i do?
    Some people are saying DL EFIlive and get a USB-OBDII and remove EGR? never done this before. if I don't want tune other option is to use my old intake mani, and right header because it has the EGR in it, but I don't want to touch the new motor I want to drop it inn as is, its really clean and low miles only 45K.
    please help

Lifetime Member

It sounds like you dont fully understand how EFILive works, you need to purchase the full EFILive FlashScan V2 with GM Tuning in order to read the tune out, modify it, and flash it back into your PCM. You cannot use any OBDII adapter, it MUST be a FlashScan V2 (or AutoCal if you purchase a tune from a tuner).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.