Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

For initial information please follow THIS link.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Cruze

I am curious to see how these respond to tuning.

I see shredded transaxles in the near future. Even the 1.4T gas motor is pretty limited at lower rpm to keep the trans alive.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    I see shredded transaxles in the near future. Even the 1.4T gas motor is pretty limited at lower rpm to keep the trans alive.
    That's unfortunate...

Different set up on the Diesel, the 1.4T uses a 6T45 (or was it a 6T40, I don't recall), the USA Cruze Diesel uses an Aisin AF40-6 trans, same as what is in the current Buick 2.0T and rated for a maximum of 325 ft-lb engine torque, strage thing is according to a GM media release the 6T45 which is what our Cruze Diesel has, is rated for 315 lb-ft engine torque. You'd have thought a Chinese built trans would be cheaper than a Japanese one.
    I suppose GM didn't want to risk their small car Diesel comeback with busted transmissions so they looked to those instead.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So the cruze here in oz have been out since 09 are they running the same ecu or did they swap halfway through the model? or was it a specific MY.

may look into getting a diesel in the future so want to make sure i can tinker with it. haha

No, our local versions are different ECM's to the USA, different engines too.
    You need to go here, you also want a 2011+ local version, not 2009-2010.

I own the diesel Cruze here in Kansas City, MO and personally can't wait to start flashing and modding its tune. Sad I can't even read the tune right now.

I have 2 2014 Diesel Cruze's and looking forward to keeping them running as long as possible.
    With scares of parts availability in the future I thought this my be good insurance investment.
    Hoping that this investment will allow me to recover from code errors creating "limp" mode after a fix in place.
    Relying on the dealer to support such a limited run vehicle for long is dreaming IMHO