Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Running Discrete Fan with Vette Tune

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by LS-SWAPPER View Post
    Anyone? Is this possible to do?
    You'll need to have some with HPT flash in the discrete fan settings or find someone who can create a CAX for you.
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

That's disappointing, but thanks.

I'd like to discuss this further. I have no less than 3 e38 ecms on my plate right now that are having fan issues. They come from a variety of vehicles. All of them seem to have the same issue, the fans won't come on based off ect (except for the vette file I posted earlier, it won't turn off). I can turn them on/off in the scanner software just fine but they won't come on due to temperature. They are all set to discrete and they are all in a swap vehicle. They set up to ground the fan relay trigger. I feel like there's more that can be done here. I know some e38s don't have problems, is there a way to see which are which? I'm assuming its based off OS. I looked into cax files some and I'm trying to learn, but I don't think I'm to the point where I'm comfortable getting that deep on my own.

Lifetime Member

I'd like to discuss this further. I have no less than 3 e38 ecms on my plate right now that are having fan issues. They come from a variety of vehicles. All of them seem to have the same issue, the fans won't come on based off ect (except for the vette file I posted earlier, it won't turn off). I can turn them on/off in the scanner software just fine but they won't come on due to temperature. They are all set to discrete and they are all in a swap vehicle. They set up to ground the fan relay trigger. I feel like there's more that can be done here. I know some e38s don't have problems, is there a way to see which are which? I'm assuming its based off OS. I looked into cax files some and I'm trying to learn, but I don't think I'm to the point where I'm comfortable getting that deep on my own.
    It would be easiest to run a 2010 and up E38. But then there May be TCM compatibility issues if it

What's easiest about the 2010 and up? Of the 4 I'm trying to straighten out 3 of them are 2010 or newer. The Vette setup that won't turn off is an 08.

Lifetime Member

The 2010 and up have the logic built into the calibration for discrete efans. I have an 08 Vette cal that has discrete set up. Send me your email and I

So you're saying that even though "discrete" is an option in a 2008 or 2009 e38 tune it won't work regardless???

If so, why is it even an option?

Lifetime Member

Default Running Discrete Fan with Vette Tune

So you're saying that even though "discrete" is an option in a 2008 or 2009 e38 tune it won't work regardless???

If so, why is it even an option?
    Yes thats what I’m saying and I’m not sure why EfiLive didn’t define all of the required Efan parameters to run discrete fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LastCall View Post
    Yes thats what I’m saying and I’m not sure why EfiLive didn’t define all of the required Efan parameters to run discrete fans.
    I can confirm that the GUI lets you think you can make the change but its not working.
    I put down some hours of work trying to figure out why it did not work...until I found this thread :(

Really annoying and my car still still needs the adjustment.
    If anyone can help me out let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by LastCall View Post
    Because it is very difficult to understand the logic, how it works between all platforms etc and to find all those things in the bin files. We can't just call up GM and ask them how it all works and what tables / parameters are needed
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast