Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Discrete Fan with Vette Tune

Lifetime Member

I take it from the absence of subsequent posts, you were successful in getting the E-Fan to function appropriately ?

Have not had a chance to get my hands back on the car. Will let you know as soon as it do.

Lifetime Member

Roger that ... the tune I posted is set up for 2 Fan outputs to relays (Low & High). It should work OK with a single Fan wired to the Low output ... as long as the PWM% used does not exceed 84% (i.e. does not encroach on Fan 2 territory).

You may get a DTC related to the missing / not wired Fan (High).

If you have any issues, please post up ... can reset the tune for a single fan if problems arise.

I have a Corvette 2008 tune that I want the fan to be in Discrete mode and I also get the always on when ignition is on.
    Read 100s of post about this but nothing works...

No AC attached so it should not be that?

I can switch the fan on/off in DVT so the wireing is correct.

In this post Taz is writing that I can not do this by myself in the software? Is this still the case?
    Very confusing if I can not use the software to change this as it clearly makes you think that...

Taz or someone else, how can I do the magic?
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Hocky; March 18th, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

I did buy one licens for changing the fan settings (and for future use) so I hope I can do this?
    Else I should have bought a Corvette PWM fan relay instead :(

Any ideas?

Lifetime Member

You cannot do it with the available parameters in EFILive. You need to have your file patched by a different software or create a .cax file with the necessary parameters mapped out.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for your input ScarabEpic22!
    That was not what I wanted to hear but probably already found out :(

Maybe the worst thing is that you think that you can do it in the software when you cant.
    Alot of hours spent on this...and its not just me that spend alot of time on something that you can not do.
    Maybe there is some faq or help text somewhere but I have not seen it.

I have investigated some in the .cax files but for a non professional tuner it seems to be a to steep learning curve to get into :(

Any helpful soul out there that could help me patch my tune?

Lifetime Member

I have only stuck my toe in the .cax world, it takes lots of time and effort (plus some money) to become proficient with developing the parameters.

I would send Taz a PM and see if he would be willing to patch your file for a small fee. It can also by done with a competitors product for about $100. To whomever you use, I would supply them with a bone stock tune from your vehicle to patch. Then you have 2 "stock" tunes, 1 factory-fresh GM stock and 1 with the efans patched. You can easily script all your changes over into the new base file to use. I say this because, then you have the changes in a stock file and not in your tuned file. Makes it easier to build a new tune from scratch if you ever have to.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I have only stuck my toe in the .cax world, it takes lots of time and effort (plus some money) to become proficient with developing the parameters.

I would send Taz a PM and see if he would be willing to patch your file for a small fee. It can also by done with a competitors product for about $100. To whomever you use, I would supply them with a bone stock tune from your vehicle to patch. Then you have 2 "stock" tunes, 1 factory-fresh GM stock and 1 with the efans patched. You can easily script all your changes over into the new base file to use. I say this because, then you have the changes in a stock file and not in your tuned file. Makes it easier to build a new tune from scratch if you ever have to.
    Hi Taz...any way you can help me out as well? Would be much appreciated!!E38-TIS-Vette.ctz

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by koryenger View Post
    Hi Taz...any way you can help me out as well? Would be much appreciated!!E38-TIS-Vette.ctz
    I'm not Taz . You'll need to send Taz a PM, although he hasn't posted on the forum in about a year now.
    ~Erik~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast