Thread: I think I bricked Flashscan v2

Default I think I bricked Flashscan v2

I have had nothing but problems since buying a new laptop. First I had every issue known to man as of late and these patches were supposed to fix everything. Now I have EFI that shows nothing but a bluescreen on the device. I have had nothing but problems communicating with flashscan. I have windows 8 and have tried everything. Now i have a 800$ paper weight.
    2000 Camaro m6 Full Bolt ons in need of a H/C/I

Blue screen only usually means your USB drivers are not insalled and the USB port is not providing enough power for Flashscan to run. It won't supply full power until the drivers are installed.
    Download and install these versions and see how you go:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....te-Aug-24-2013
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have already did that prior to this happening and the unit still functioning. Now I can plug in flashscan its not detected sometimes efi live says its autocal. I tried updating the bootblock and firmware both seemed like they took now im left with the blue screen. It will show up in the control panel at times as unresponsive. All i get is the 5 lights that initially show up when then unit turns on and then nothing to show I have connectivity. I have tried multiple sets of USB drivers. The old ones I get error 4 which is an I/O error. The newer ones the programs like to hang and don't see the flashscan. I am lost at this point and had problems with the last set of drivers and software. The only time EFI live worked great was a 4 year old laptop with windows xp.
    Last edited by Always2Slow; August 29th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Any chance you can install EFILive on another computer (to remove your laptop from the equation) and see if the V2 comes to life on it?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The V2 has no life of connectivity I get no Text on startup just a solid blue screen, but yes I could use my computer last time i hooked it up to my desktop it was the same thing.

Lifetime Member

that is lack of power.. hook it up to the obd2 port... happened many times.. this v2 needs to get back for repair most probably.... USB connector is having issues.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

BTW... customer support from EFI team is TOP NOTCH... hardware is TOP notch... mine withstood so much abuse its ridiculous... constant falls to the floor... etc etc etc. Workhorse....
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I absolutely love EFI Live after playing around with HP tuners. I recommend it to everyone. I just wish my new laptop would work with it. Will be sending mine in Tuesday.