Thread: Start/Post start issue!

Lifetime Member

Default Start/Post start issue!

Working away at a small problem here, I installed bigger injectors awhile back and had to scale the tune to suit (x.595) I was having a problem with it needing throttle to start, I overcame this by reducing the scaling on B1832 from the initial .595 to around the 20% mark, now it will start no throttle but it does stumble causing the ETC to open to 23% to catch it along with a fair rev.

If anyone has a look at my Tune feel free to point out anything "Gumby" I may have done as it's a work in progress! thanks guys!

Attachment 15762
    Attachment 15763

What catches my eye are your B1203, B1204 being very low and B1210 being high. My minimum injector pulse width is 0.9ms and you have yours way down at 0.125ms.

I'm a novice at this, but I spent a lot of time getting these dialed in for my SD 60lb injectors and know they have a direct impact on idle quality.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
    What catches my eye are your B1203, B1204 being very low and B1210 being high. My minimum injector pulse width is 0.9ms and you have yours way down at 0.125ms.

I'm a novice at this, but I spent a lot of time getting these dialed in for my SD 60lb injectors and know they have a direct impact on idle quality.
    Thanks for the input, I used the Data supplied by the Injector place to set all of that up and just "assumed" they would have the correct numbers, I know assumptions are bad but "fingers crossed" they got it right, Idle quality once running is fine it's just that dip around frame 400 in the log directly after start and the ECM's over correction that is a bit of a bother

I'm so much more of a novice at this than you...
    (seeing as I didn't even question those tables you pointed out)

As always so thankful for the FB User Group and this Site for the assistance I've gotten trying to sort this thing!

Lifetime Member

Loaded up the Tandem and my Adventra to add some load then did a logging run, must have been some cells that were out around startup/run rpm that were "out" as it's much improved now