Hello, my name is Jeff, I have a '99 GMC Savana work van with a 4.3 Vortec, 192,000 miles and runs great.(Well it did anyhow,Ha,Ha) Didn't want to start after an all night rain. Used a hair dryer a couple times on the distributor and determined it was probably the cap. So, it was time for a tune up anyhow and we replaced the plugs, wires distributor cap, all three of these things were AC Delco.

I thought with 192,000 miles why not replace the distributor as well, so we did,..local parts supplier doesn't seem to carry AC Delco distributors any more,..so we went with the A1 Cardone. Now, for the problem,...it starts and runs fine,..but has lost most of the low end power it had before. Engine doesn't miss or backfire or anything odd,...other than the lack of low end power,..and as a result I think the fuel mileage went to crap. No check engine light is on?

Distributor was marked and replaced properly I thought. I have searched all over the internet but can't find anyone describing this exact issue? Doesn't run rough, starts easy, runs smooth,..just serious lack of low end power.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Jeff