Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware Rollback

Default Firmware Rollback

I'm trying to update my autocal for a 5.9 cummins to the CSP5 tunning and I accidently updated my firmware to .49 and I need the .47 firmware to be able to use my autocal. Can someone tell me how to change my firmware? My autocal currently will not load an old tune because I believe it is only able to use CSP tunes with the options I have changed. It is currently a paper weight until I can get this figured out. Thanks for any help provided.

Lifetime Member

You cannot rollback firmware/bootblock updates by design.

Why cant you use your AC with the new fw? If you have the AC set up correctly, you should still be able to read, flash, and log. I believe the only thing that is affected is the CSP switching which prompts for a PIN erroneously. I believe it has been said on here that this issue will be fixed either this week or next with another update.

So for now, you cannot use CSP switching, you will be stuck on tune 1.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I tried to do the update and changed the options required to do CSP5 tuning. Now when I plug my autocal into my truck the menu options are different and if I try to load an old tune it gives me an error. How can I fix that?

Lifetime Member

Default Firmware Rollback

As Eric has said you cannot roll back firmware.

The menu structure should not change, and our old tunes should still work. I will suggest that you have updated to 49 firmware, but haven't installed the rest of the release to get matching firmware/softwares/bootblocks. Ensuring they match should be your first step.

With everything up to date you should be able to flash single tunes and CSP tunes. What you won't be able to do is switch your CSP tunes. You will be stuck on tune 1.

We expect a software/firmware update will be available next week to fix the CSP tune locking issue.

If you are still having problems, please quote your software, firmware and bootblock version numbers along with providing further details on the menu structure changes you are seeing, and the error message details if you cannot flash your original tunes.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Here is what I have
    V7.5.7(build 242)
    V8.2.2(build 234)
    Boot Block 2.07.06
    Firmware 2.07049

When I used to plug in my autocal I would just scroll down until I would see the full tune I wanted and then select it. Now when I plug in my autocal this is what I get:

Option Missing

Scan tool

Tune Tool(this is what I select)

Now I go to Prog Cal and find the tune I want

When I select the tune I immediately get a $0502 error

The only other option I see is switch tune but is say not available.

Am I doing something wrong?

Under tune you should have Prog Full. You can't do a Cal flash on a Cummins that is why you are getting $0502 code.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    Under tune you should have Prog Full. You can't do a Cal flash on a Cummins that is why you are getting $0502 code.
    I tried what you suggested and when I select Prog Full it say Read next. I sellected Read and it shows me my tunes but when I select one I get the same error?

Think it would help you to read the document section under the help tab in the v8 software.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Think it would help you to read the document section under the help tab in the v8 software.
    Thanks , I did not know that was there. I will definitely read through it today. What gets me is as soon as the autocal fires up it says "options missing" am I wasting my time until the new firmware update comes out?

Not sure about the options missing part. New to it myself for most part. Would say that you need to get ahold of the dealer that you got your autocal through and see what they can do to help you on that part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast