Thread: No start after tune

Default No start after tune

I have some pretty basic scripts that I bought with the purchase of my V2. I have 4 licenses with the purchase of the GM and Cummins package and have tuned my cummins 06, my brothers, and now trying to run the script over my cousins stock tune I get a no start. I have not updated my V2 for awhile due to the fact that the last update was before they did away with the deletes for the 6.7s. I was trying to keep that so I could delete a 6.7 which I am in the market for. The only thing I found about this tune is that after running the script it changes the CVN. Is this an issue of having a previous box tuner on the truck? When I reflashed the stock tune it ran just as normal. I have read about this issue but I didn't see how it would relate to something that is already working.

Lifetime Member

Um, no update has been released yet that impacts ANY DPF/EGR/etc functionality on the diesels yet. EFILive has made this abundantly clear that when that time comes, it will be well documented and won't "sneak up" on anyone.

Every change made to a tune that alters it from what it was previously (stock, full tune, doesnt matter) WILL change the CVN.

If you arent starting with a known, factory fresh file, that's going to be your issue. Especially if it had a box tuner on it before. Try looking at tunefiledepot.com and finding one of those that match your existing OS.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Today I downloaded a stock file from tunefiledepot with the same calibration number. I flashed the truck with it and changed the vin and it started, however, it now has abs, brake, and airbag light on. I then scripted the new tune and flashed, no start again. I cant figure it out. I then flashed the original (not the downloaded) tune back on and now it also has the abs, brake, and airbag lights on. Needless to say, not only am I not moving forward with successfully tuning this but I am now stepping back with not being able to get the lights off.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Um, no update has been released yet that impacts ANY DPF/EGR/etc functionality on the diesels yet. EFILive has made this abundantly clear that when that time comes, it will be well documented and won't "sneak up" on anyone.

Good to know. Last I read on it was back in December when Cindy told everyone it was all going away with the next release.

Almost sounds like truck was started with vin. not change and security set code in tipm . may have to have tuck reflashed or had box tunner on it at 1 time just a guess.
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

It seems as though it had another programmer on it but why won't it work with fresh stock tune once scripted?

I think what happens if security is breached it throughs a error to tipm there for tipm and ecm needs reflashing . I could be wrong but think that your best route but also some downloaders ie smarty, bully dog flash programming in tipm and not all the way removed when uninstalled. Hope this helps.
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

Lifetime Member

If you flashed a file, any file, without your correct VIN and tried to start it, you need to have the dealer reflash it. It sounds like that might be the best course of action to avoid further frustration as well.

Once you have it flashed, read the fresh file out with EFILive and start modifying that.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.