Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-2: Digital Wideband, anyone try it out?

I have an older LC-1 that is still going strong (and it gets plenty of abuse underneath my car), and I have a newer LC-1 that keeps throwing errors.

I agree, analog connection is not practical, serial connection is very convenient (quick to connect up) and is reliable (immune to ignition noise and analog offsets/drifts).

I've been using a single MTX-L for a coupe of years and once it was setup it ran fine for mapping via the serial connection. Now though it's sulking as I've bought another!

I can't program it or chain it but it still outputs lambda data (plus narrowband to the PCM) fine to the Flashscan V2. I've tried a new USB adapter and dug out an old PC with XP and a serial port but no go (new one on 1.3 firmware has no issues).

It's frustrating more than anything as the new gauge display is setup for (E10 which our fuel is changing to) and the old one is stuck on E5 which is slightly different on the gauge. It's also obvious they are on different firmwares as they boot differently and heat differently.

Not that Innovate will release any updates (for the MTX-L anyway it appears) or even respond to my questions!
    Last edited by bimbleuk; August 6th, 2014 at 11:23 PM.

Here they are like twins separated at birth and brought up speaking different languages .... just talk to each other damn it!

Lifetime Member

Why would you want a gauge on your dash constantly telling you that your AFR is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Why would you want a gauge on your dash constantly telling you that your AFR is wrong?
    That's why they are in the glove box so I don't obsess on them every time I drive the car! Looks good at car shows anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bimbleuk View Post
    Here they are like twins separated at birth and brought up speaking different languages .... just talk to each other damn it!

Do you have the SERIAL OUT of the first MTX connected to the SERIAL IN of the second MTX...?
    Do you have the SERIAL IN of the first MTX terminated...?
    Is the Tx/Rx crossover (null modem) between the second and FSV2...?

Which one of your MTX's is able to talk to FSV2...? What happens when you swap the MTX's...?

Yeah I've tried SERIAL OUT to SERIAL IN then SERIAL OUT to FS V2 SERIAL IN (Tx/Rx crossed). I get data from the new gauge but not from the old gauge. I've swapped the gauge order but no joy. Problem is the original gauge doesn't want to talk via the null modem cable anymore either. It did when I first bought it but I remember having to use an old Thinkpad with a physical comms port.

The cable joining the two gauges together is not an official one either. I cut the end off two programming cables (4 pin to 9 pin serial) and spliced the two 4 pin ends together. I tried the pins straight then just about every combination after that. Today I thought I'd order an official cable but the nearest supplier was in Greece (I'm in the UK) and they don't have in stock :(

Individually they will output to the Flashscan.

No terminators are mentioned or supplied as an accessory. As far as I'm aware the gauges are actively terminated (passive termination is quite old tech now) and one pin on the IN side is a "sense" pin to detect another device.

Innovate actually replied today after using the contact form again so I'll leave it to them to make suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I agree. I do have a lc-1, lm1, and lm2 that are all years old and work, both lc-2 not making it a year isnt a good sign. From what I have been reading online atlot of companies newest wideband isnt as good as their previous model. I have probably 10+ wide bands but the innovate ones are the only ones with serial out and its not practical to try to use an analog wideband dealing with ground offsets getting in and out of different vehicles all day.
    So is the Innovate LC-2 the only one that has serial out, or are there other Innovate's that have serial out to avoid using the analog? I'm currently using Flashscan V2 with the version 7.5 scan and tune programs. Haven't tried 8.0 as it doesn't appear to have the bugs worked out yet. Basically I'm looking for a way to include my AFR for data logging at the track - hopefully with out making a custom cable if at all possible. I have a PLX on my dual pod gauges using analog, but don't want to do the wiring hack on it (besides.... the box is already in a super tight spot). So the best way is to use my other header which has a bung already available. Innovate LC-2 seemed like the solution, but wondering after reading this thread.

IF 2 LC-2's were able to hook up to the V2 via the serial, I'd go that way and remove the PLX since I also have 2 analog inputs available on by Aeroforce dual pod gauges and could run everything easier.

MTX-L also has serial comms.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast