Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-2: Digital Wideband, anyone try it out?

Same as the MTX-L no serial terminator required.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Serial Works!!!
    Hi, Can you please let me know if you had to do anything special to get it working? The LC-1 works no probs but I cant get the LC-2 to connect. I have tried both in and out connectors with both straight through and null modem adaptors. Cant get it to work

ttls1, I'm with you in that I can't get it to connect. No worries previously with the LC-1 but LC-2 doesn't connect. I used the same wires to connect from serial out to the RJ11 connector.
    Someone care to walk me through settings etc that may have been changed on Flashscan or a pinout diagram for the serial out cable?

I didnt do anything special for the serial to work on either LC2. I was already using a LM2 and just hooked up my LC2 and started tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I didnt do anything special for the serial to work on either LC2. I was already using a LM2 and just hooked up my LC2 and started tuning.
    Could you advise wire colors and locations for the RJ11 plug please?

Check the wire colours at the small square plugs. The blue and red were swapped on mine. I cut and re joined them so the colours matched up and it worked straight away. Not sure if this was a mistake at the factory or if its meant to be like that. I tried both null modem and straight through and nothing would work. As soon as i changed the wiring it worked straight away. It needs a null modem to work on mine though

Quote Originally Posted by ttls1 View Post
    Check the wire colours at the small square plugs. The blue and red were swapped on mine. I cut and re joined them so the colours matched up and it worked straight away. Not sure if this was a mistake at the factory or if its meant to be like that. I tried both null modem and straight through and nothing would work. As soon as i changed the wiring it worked straight away. It needs a null modem to work on mine though
    Having cut off and disposed of the DB9 plug makes it hard to back track.
    Are you saying you out the blue wire in place of the red?
    My LC-1 used black, white and red so I'll try replacing the red and blue.
    Pain in the rear because there is no info on the serial out anywhere on the interwebs

Just make sure the colours of the wires are the same on both sides of the plug

Those 2 colored wires mentioned above are which signals (I presume Tx and Rx)...?

I have had a muck around with connection to V2 and still no joy.
    I had different wires connected through the serial out connector but even when I corrected that, I still couldn't see the WB on my V2 :(

I have sent an email to Innovate a few days ago and still haven't received a response.

I was assuming I can connect it similarly to the LC-1 where I was connected straight from of the serial out connector and into V2 via RJ11 plug using pins 1,2 and 5.
    Wires (3) - Red, Black and White were used on the LC-1. The LC-2 has four wires - Red, Black, White and Blue.

Can someone take a minute to tell me wire colors from LC-2 (not serial cable) and which pin number they connect to for RJ11 plug into V2?

Would be much appreciated. Configuration as per LC-1 - RJ11 pins 1(Black), 2(Red) and 5(White) - see attached pic do not work and I have tried varying the wires but still no luck and don't want to try and guess through it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rj11pinout.gif 
Views:	446 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	16319

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast